• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wish me luck in your state ;)

KiltedRonin

Driving out of Virginia and coming to visit the people's republic of Maryland for the day/ night..Heading into Baltimore later today..Please tell me if I Screwed up any of my following assumptions.

Maryland gun laws will prevent anyone, including criminals, from having a gun.

I'll just trust the police, they are the only ones on the street with guns, and will be right there to protect me, the instant I need them.

If anyone draws a weapon on me, they're obviously a cop, and I should comply.

The gun laws will stop anyone except the cops from having a firearm.

I really feel for you folks up there, I moved away from Maryland more then a decade ago.

Sonora Rebel

Of course. Maryland has magical laws and magical signs that are conjured by the equally magical Maryland General Assembly and spread like fairy dust thru out the land of pleasant living; rendering you safe from all possible harm. Please stop at the first MD Kool Aid stand you see and partake of the magical elixer to further enhance your Maryland moments. (Caution... may cause uncontrollable slacked jawed, vacant eyed, bouts of drooling and window licking as you find your happy place.)

Mr H

Driving out of Virginia and coming to visit the people's republic of Maryland for the day/ night..Heading into Baltimore later today..Please tell me if I Screwed up any of my following assumptions.

Maryland gun laws will prevent anyone, including criminals, from having a gun.

I'll just trust the police, they are the only ones on the street with guns, and will be right there to protect me, the instant I need them.

If anyone draws a weapon on me, they're obviously a cop, and I should comply.

The gun laws will stop anyone except the cops from having a firearm.

I really feel for you folks up there, I moved away from Maryland more then a decade ago.

Seems the only thing I need to warn you about are the flying pigs...

KiltedRonin

so the helicopters and multiple cruisers a couple blocks over from my friend's place was very interesting, had to lock up the fire escape gates (no more going out there for a cigarette for the rest of the evening) and watching all the people running from that block through ours with the cops chasing them was amusing, sure felt safe. was great to see such a strong police presence.. it didn't matter that they didn't seem to catch anyone, and having a few runners go up our fire escape was "thrilling" also. I think that when ever I go up there from now on, I will be unloading my weapon, locking it in it's case, and taking it with. Soon as I am there, and will be staying for the rest of the evening, I WILL be loading it back up and putting my holster back on... AND a spare Mag. She doesn't live in the projects, her building and neighborhood are very nice. I'll be damned if the projects are only a block and a half away though...

Dreamer

Seems the only thing I need to warn you about are...

No, you forgot the July Snowballs, the Cubs winning the World Series, an honest man being elected to the Presidency, and DC going to Constitutional Carry... :lol: