Thread: BFPE hearing is today...... and what do I see on the agenda......

BFPE hearing is today...... and what do I see on the agenda......

OK, so I'm working on ending this suitability nonsense and........ to my amazement, I see this on the agenda:

E. Attorney's request to address the Board re: Suitability Standard and the Law - Atty Rachel Baird

SWEET!

Now I really can't wait to see this today's hearings!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Attorney Baird and Ed Peruta have been fighting out the whole suitability mess for a long time now.

I do believe it has been largely a thankless job...

Kix, is this something you could record for us? Are transcripts made available?
    Last edited by Rich B; 04-14-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Oh, I know I'm not alone.

I just hope to be a good addition to the fight!

I'll let you know when the recordings are online. They record the hearings and post them on the bfpe site.

If it requires editing, I'll edit and post on my site and link here to her portion of the hearing.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

She never showed up.

They waited for a few minutes towards the end, but......... it was a no go.

Stuff like this doesn't often get on the agenda, I really wanted to have a discussion.

Jonathan

Board Item Agenda on Suitablity by Attorney Rachel Baird

Without getting into details, Attorney Rachel Baird had a timely pressing issue in another case that prevented her from attending the meeting and addressing the issue of SUITABILITY.

I hope she can get on the agenda in the future.

As I understand it, it's not a normal procedure.

Jonathan