• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BFPE hearing is today...... and what do I see on the agenda......

KIX

OK, so I'm working on ending this suitability nonsense and........ to my amazement, I see this on the agenda:

E. Attorney's request to address the Board re: Suitability Standard and the Law - Atty Rachel Baird

SWEET!

Now I really can't wait to see this today's hearings!

Jonathan

Rich B

Attorney Baird and Ed Peruta have been fighting out the whole suitability mess for a long time now.

I do believe it has been largely a thankless job...

Kix, is this something you could record for us? Are transcripts made available?

Last edited:

KIX

Oh, I know I'm not alone.

I just hope to be a good addition to the fight!

I'll let you know when the recordings are online. They record the hearings and post them on the bfpe site.

If it requires editing, I'll edit and post on my site and link here to her portion of the hearing.

Jonathan

KIX

She never showed up.

They waited for a few minutes towards the end, but......... it was a no go.

Stuff like this doesn't often get on the agenda, I really wanted to have a discussion.

:(

Jonathan

Edward Peruta

Board Item Agenda on Suitablity by Attorney Rachel Baird

Without getting into details, Attorney Rachel Baird had a timely pressing issue in another case that prevented her from attending the meeting and addressing the issue of SUITABILITY.

KIX

I hope she can get on the agenda in the future.

As I understand it, it's not a normal procedure.

Jonathan