Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oc in jacksonville

Oc in jacksonville

Is anyone else from jacksonville weary about open carrying. Jso has a reputation of... Il just say using more force than necessary.

If you want backup, I'll make the drive.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Alude904 View Post
    Is anyone else from jacksonville weary about open carrying. Jso has a reputation of... Il just say using more force than necessary.
    Only if you're a hood rat. I've never had issues w JSO. Shoot IDPA with a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    Only if you're a hood rat. I've never had issues w JSO. Shoot IDPA with a few of them.
    Definitely not a hood rat but you must hang with the few good ones

Definitely not a hood rat but you must hang with the few good ones
    May be. But, I also tend to not do things that warrant police contact. Don't think general OC will be a problem here.

May be. But, I also tend to not do things that warrant police contact. Don't think general OC will be a problem here.
    Are your jso friends pretty cool with the idea of oc? I personally know two leos, one with jso and one in atlantic beach and neither are for oc.

did i miss something here , are ya'll talking about ocing in jacksonville fl. I thought that ocing wasn't allowed in florida ...did they change that while I wasn't present?
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

If you go about your business I don't think it will be a problem, at least not a la recent events in Philly.

Do not let fear of law enforcement keep you from OCing should this bill pass. The absolute worst thing that can happen, and has a probability of about 0, is that they'll shoot you. If that happens you'll be responsible for a huge backlash against "law enforcement" and a great boon to gun rights and freedom in general because they'll be exposed for what they are-dangers to civil society.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-14-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Are your jso friends pretty cool with the idea of oc? I personally know two leos, one with jso and one in atlantic beach and neither are for oc.
    They're neutral and said they'll abide the statute and all that goes with it.

They're neutral and said they'll abide the statute and all that goes with it.
    I've asked two LEO's a sheriff and a small town cop, both in marion county. The deputy was enthusiastically in favor, and the city cop indifferent.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker View Post
    did i miss something here , are ya'll talking about ocing in jacksonville fl. I thought that ocing wasn't allowed in florida ...did they change that while I wasn't present?
    The FL legislature is min 2 steps away (Senate rules and senate floor) from passing OC in FL.

Three steps....the guv needs to sign it.

(yes, I'm aware that technically he's not part of the legislature, but since the signing IS part of the legislative process, I'm including it as one of the minimum required steps)

Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post

(yes, I'm aware that technically he's not part of the legislature, but since the signing IS part of the legislative process, I'm including it as one of the minimum required steps

(yes, I'm aware that technically he's not part of the legislature, but since the signing IS part of the legislative process, I'm including it as one of the minimum required steps)
    No stress there though. He said he'll sign.

Wait did this pass on the House floor when I wasn't looking? Or is it 4 steps?

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    Wait did this pass on the House floor when I wasn't looking? Or is it 4 steps?
    Well, I guess its Rules committee, House Floor, Senate Floor, Governor.
    But House and Governor are mostly guaranteed, so it feels like 2 steps...
    Rules is looking like 8-5 or 9-4 in favor.
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 04-14-2011 at 07:34 PM.

It went through the house like a mexican salad....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Thank goodness. I am moving back to Fl from NC and was going to be very displeased to have to renew my CC and go out and purchase a more easily concealed pistol. Here is hoping they figure it out in the next 2 months in favor of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulld View Post
    Thank goodness. I am moving back to Fl from NC and was going to be very displeased to have to renew my CC and go out and purchase a more easily concealed pistol. Here is hoping they figure it out in the next 2 months in favor of freedom.
    You'll still need to renew your concealed license. The bill at hand is for licensed open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    If you go about your business I don't think it will be a problem, at least not a la recent events in Philly.

Do not let fear of law enforcement keep you from OCing should this bill pass. The absolute worst thing that can happen, and has a probability of about 0, is that they'll shoot you. If that happens you'll be responsible for a huge backlash against "law enforcement" and a great boon to gun rights and freedom in general because they'll be exposed for what they are-dangers to civil society.
    Thats just it. I AM afraid to get shot by our police. Theyve shot innocent people who werent even carrying or commiting a crime. They gotten their tasers taken away for a while because of too many incidents of misuse. Im not worried about the scenario where im walking down the street and a leo sees me. Im worried about the scenario where an uneducated civilian makes a 911 call making false reports of a guy with a gun and our leos show up and do what they do best, shoot first, ask questions later. Now dont take me as a cop hater because im not, my girlfriends family is made up of cops and i love them to death. im not a thug or criminal, nor do i dress as such either, im just stating the facts. Im also NOT speaking about all of jacksonville's cops, but there are a lot like that in our big city.

Thats just it. I AM afraid to get shot by our police. Theyve shot innocent people who werent even carrying or commiting a crime. They gotten their tasers taken away for a while because of too many incidents of misuse. Im not worried about the scenario where im walking down the street and a leo sees me. Im worried about the scenario where an uneducated civilian makes a 911 call making false reports of a guy with a gun and our leos show up and do what they do best, shoot first, ask questions later. Now dont take me as a cop hater because im not, my girlfriends family is made up of cops and i love them to death. im not a thug or criminal, nor do i dress as such either, im just stating the facts. Im also NOT speaking about all of jacksonville's cops, but there are a lot like that in our big city.
    Just be aware and be safe, You must remember everyone and any one can shoot you, The fact that if you do Open carry, Your just more open and can be seen as a threat... I have worked in the LEO field (government security) and I would watch or pay closer attention to someone wearing a gun rather then someone not wearing one, But anyone can hide a gun including a criminal... So you must be aware of your surroundings at all times and protect your self....

Thumbs up

04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4
    it passed so lets party like were free. i live on west side and im off on mondays and tuesdays. so if any one want to show force and wear open let me know. my email is crashnjax@att.net. lets schedule a open carry party.
    John Strifler for FL State Senate District 1 for 2012
    crashnjax@att.net
    crash.jax_fl on yahoo
    johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com

Political advertisement paid for and approved by John p. Strifler, no party affiliation, state senate

Quote Originally Posted by crashnjax View Post
    04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4
    it passed so lets party like were free. i live on west side and im off on mondays and tuesdays. so if any one want to show force and wear open let me know. my email is crashnjax@att.net. lets schedule a open carry party.
    Hold your horses. It still has to pass the Senate floor, and pass without being amended to shite. We'll know either the 27th, 28th, or 29th. There are a disturbing number of neocons in the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Hold your horses. It still has to pass the Senate floor, and pass without being amended to shite. We'll know either the 27th, 28th, or 29th. There are a disturbing number of neocons in the senate.
    John Strifler for FL State Senate District 1 for 2012
    crashnjax@att.net
    crash.jax_fl on yahoo
    johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com

Political advertisement paid for and approved by John p. Strifler, no party affiliation, state senate

We have been holding Open Carry Fishing Events downtown Jax for about 6 months. http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-C...ents/17231987/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast