• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in jacksonville

Alude904

Is anyone else from jacksonville weary about open carrying. Jso has a reputation of... Il just say using more force than necessary.

Alude904

May be. But, I also tend to not do things that warrant police contact. Don't think general OC will be a problem here.

Are your jso friends pretty cool with the idea of oc? I personally know two leos, one with jso and one in atlantic beach and neither are for oc.

bushwacker

did i miss something here , are ya'll talking about ocing in jacksonville fl. I thought that ocing wasn't allowed in florida ...did they change that while I wasn't present?

77zach

If you go about your business I don't think it will be a problem, at least not a la recent events in Philly.

Do not let fear of law enforcement keep you from OCing should this bill pass. The absolute worst thing that can happen, and has a probability of about 0, is that they'll shoot you. If that happens you'll be responsible for a huge backlash against "law enforcement" and a great boon to gun rights and freedom in general because they'll be exposed for what they are-dangers to civil society.

Last edited:

Phssthpok

Three steps....the guv needs to sign it.

(yes, I'm aware that technically he's not part of the legislature, but since the signing IS part of the legislative process, I'm including it as one of the minimum required steps:p)

77zach

(yes, I'm aware that technically he's not part of the legislature, but since the signing IS part of the legislative process, I'm including it as one of the minimum required steps:p)

No stress there though. He said he'll sign.

nigmalg

Wait did this pass on the House floor when I wasn't looking? Or is it 4 steps?

~*'Phoenix'*~

Wait did this pass on the House floor when I wasn't looking? Or is it 4 steps?

Well, I guess its Rules committee, House Floor, Senate Floor, Governor.
But House and Governor are mostly guaranteed, so it feels like 2 steps...
Rules is looking like 8-5 or 9-4 in favor.

Last edited:

Xulld

Thank goodness. I am moving back to Fl from NC and was going to be very displeased to have to renew my CC and go out and purchase a more easily concealed pistol. Here is hoping they figure it out in the next 2 months in favor of freedom.

JeepSeller

Thank goodness. I am moving back to Fl from NC and was going to be very displeased to have to renew my CC and go out and purchase a more easily concealed pistol. Here is hoping they figure it out in the next 2 months in favor of freedom.

You'll still need to renew your concealed license. The bill at hand is for licensed open carry.

Alude904

If you go about your business I don't think it will be a problem, at least not a la recent events in Philly.

Do not let fear of law enforcement keep you from OCing should this bill pass. The absolute worst thing that can happen, and has a probability of about 0, is that they'll shoot you. If that happens you'll be responsible for a huge backlash against "law enforcement" and a great boon to gun rights and freedom in general because they'll be exposed for what they are-dangers to civil society.

Thats just it. I AM afraid to get shot by our police. Theyve shot innocent people who werent even carrying or commiting a crime. They gotten their tasers taken away for a while because of too many incidents of misuse. Im not worried about the scenario where im walking down the street and a leo sees me. Im worried about the scenario where an uneducated civilian makes a 911 call making false reports of a guy with a gun and our leos show up and do what they do best, shoot first, ask questions later. Now dont take me as a cop hater because im not, my girlfriends family is made up of cops and i love them to death. im not a thug or criminal, nor do i dress as such either, im just stating the facts. Im also NOT speaking about all of jacksonville's cops, but there are a lot like that in our big city.