• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in jacksonville

mister45

Thats just it. I AM afraid to get shot by our police. Theyve shot innocent people who werent even carrying or commiting a crime. They gotten their tasers taken away for a while because of too many incidents of misuse. Im not worried about the scenario where im walking down the street and a leo sees me. Im worried about the scenario where an uneducated civilian makes a 911 call making false reports of a guy with a gun and our leos show up and do what they do best, shoot first, ask questions later. Now dont take me as a cop hater because im not, my girlfriends family is made up of cops and i love them to death. im not a thug or criminal, nor do i dress as such either, im just stating the facts. Im also NOT speaking about all of jacksonville's cops, but there are a lot like that in our big city.

Just be aware and be safe, You must remember everyone and any one can shoot you, The fact that if you do Open carry, Your just more open and can be seen as a threat... I have worked in the LEO field (government security) and I would watch or pay closer attention to someone wearing a gun rather then someone not wearing one, But anyone can hide a gun including a criminal... So you must be aware of your surroundings at all times and protect your self....

77zach

04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4
it passed so lets party like were free. i live on west side and im off on mondays and tuesdays. so if any one want to show force and wear open let me know. my email is crashnjax@att.net. lets schedule a open carry party.

Hold your horses. It still has to pass the Senate floor, and pass without being amended to shite. We'll know either the 27th, 28th, or 29th. There are a disturbing number of neocons in the senate.

j4l

If you're running around in Springfield or Arlington looking/acting like one of the local gangsta-wannabes, ya you might draw some un-wanted attention.Possibly even lethal attention. If you apply some common-sense,stay cool,and dont make a huge,obnoxious display of yourself with your pistol on the hip, probably not. :banghead: :banghead:

Relax,folks. Most of JSO knows where/when/what/who to be aware of or be concerned about. Most of the JSO in most of the Zones/Sectors that Ive spoken to, and most @ SHADCO (the chiefs) are either in favor of it, or could care less either way.
ALL have said the determining factor in how they handle the situation is going to depend entirely on the behavior of the armed subject.

rvrctyrngr

If you're running around in Springfield or Arlington looking/acting like one of the local gangsta-wannabes, ya you might draw some un-wanted attention.Possibly even lethal attention. If you apply some common-sense,stay cool,and dont make a huge,obnoxious display of yourself with your pistol on the hip, probably not. :banghead: :banghead:

Relax,folks. Most of JSO knows where/when/what/who to be aware of or be concerned about. Most of the JSO in most of the Zones/Sectors that Ive spoken to, and most @ SHADCO (the chiefs) are either in favor of it, or could care less either way.
ALL have said the determining factor in how they handle the situation is going to depend entirely on the behavior of the armed subject.

Which SHADCO to you go to, J4l?

rvrctyrngr

j4l

Indeed. Please do,the more the merrier.
I originally joined, not so much as a supporter,but as a critic.I was somewhat less-than-satisfied (to put it as nicely as I can) with my local JSO sector in the aftermath of the attack at my home. I felt the investigation of my case was half-assed, at best,and a complete amatuer-hour operation.
I originally went into it to make sure my concerns were heard, and corrective-actions taken, to improve policing in my area. It has worked out fairly well. I am at least heard,I am better-informed, and more directly, about goings-on in my area. And some methods/tactics have been, or are being, improved upon as a result of weaknesses/failings identified in the case.
The case itself is not yer solved,and with that I am still not pleased,but I have a better understanding of what is being worked on,how,why ,etc.

I went in fully expecting to be treated as hostile as I had been scathingly critical of them-but they surprised me. They were actually open to some constructive criticism,and willing to discuss ways to improve things.

j4l

No, Ix, they were just guys like any of us. 2 reasons,though:
1) I didnt go in with an AK duct-taped to my thigh,challenging them to get into a shoot-out with me, no matter how irate I was when I 1st went in.

2) They werent Death Squads or Hit Teams in Black Helos from some obscure,back-water county no one with a lick of sense actually bothers to :banghead: reside in...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
No, Ix, they were just guys like any of us. 2 reasons,though:
1) I didnt go in with an AK duct-taped to my thigh,challenging them to get into a shoot-out with me, no matter how irate I was when I 1st went in.

2) They werent Death Squads or Hit Teams in Black Helos from some obscure,back-water county no one with a lick of sense actually bothers to :banghead: reside in...

Aw, that's cute. I bet I don't have any teeth and wear a tin-foil hat, too... Maybe my Uncle is also my Sister?

It's a wonder you aren't a Democrat. Only the trappings of City Life could ever be proper... Events that you haven't witnessed yourself clearly never happened.

What a waste.

Care to make any more slanderous accusations about me and my behavior? I promise I won't run to the mods like a sissy boy, I never do.

Last edited:

j4l

Oh, lighten-up,Mary. You know I couldnt resist that jab lol.

And ALL of the above was based 100% on your own, past postings.
Correct me if I'm wrong here,in the past you have openly stated the following, in these forums:(albiet not direct quotes,I so lack the time to dig them all up):

1) That you were personally hunted by assassins of a certain county sheriff's office in order to "shut you up" or because you "knew too much" about their involvement in B-movie-plot-style narcotics activities:rolleyes:

2) That you openly propose the tigh-holster jerry-rigged carriage of an AK-47 upon your thigh as your pistol of choice-regardless of the less-than-pleasant attention from SWAT teams you are likely to draw as a result..:banghead: :banghead:

3) That you did claim to once reside in a clearly back-water,population :15 (opptomistic,at best :rolleyes:) County before having to flee said county due to the assassination efforts from the folks mentioned in 1).

Any of those too far off the mark,Mary?

And no, I dont reside in a city. Im well outside of the urban/suburban areas,actually.But,most of our JSO have their teeth, and havent volunteered for any hit squads, that anyone is aware of, in spite of this.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
My sarcasm detector isn't working so hot to day. I certainly don't want to be accused of being unable to take a ribbing. My apologies.

Yes, I have. But I never said anything about death squads or black helicopters. Just dim-witted good ol' boys who won't let go of the power they are slowly losing. I'm not the only one who knows about the dean/dawsey meth business. I'm just one of the few who won't keep his mouth shut about it. Virtually anyone who's lived in Circus County for more than 10 years is well appraised of it. Your description of my AMD-65 holster is both inaccurate and insulting. Why would the SWAT be interested in a law-abiding citizen? The notion that I'm 'challenging' anyone is absolute bunk. I condone neither slung without trigger coverage, nor painting it orange... Not to mention my own insistence upon positive retention, which is more than most think necessary. But I'm sure there are elitists who will never accept anything but expensive, inaccurate, weak firearms which I feel like a fish-out-of-water while using; and will be willing to spread hyperbolic insults to further their arrogance. What's this business about my thigh being a big deal? Will I be 'strutting' too? Should I stick it to my forehead instead? Would that make you happy? Do you like my thighs?

I see a Banana Hammock Carry Event in the near future... What am I compensating for, again?

:p

Last edited:

j4l

Over-compensation, for a sense of humor deficiency. :banana: lol

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I can laugh, but I'm still going to make my point.

The joke wasn't very funny anyway.

Last edited:

Fran

OC in Jax, that would something. I live in SE Georgia and work on the north side. If you stop at Dunn avenue for food or gas, I think you would get some attention. From what I have read in the paper the JSO does not play around. But from what I have seen the people that were shot were not exactly the people you would want dating your daughter.

Many places in Jax I could not imagine not carrying. I cringe every time the wife says she wants to go to the Regency Mall. Too many thug wanna-be's and hoochie mamas.

Overall, I'm looking forward to OC in Jax. Trying to conceal in July is very uncomfortable.