• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got this from Rep. Klenke today..they are not getting the message !!!!!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Bronson,

My apologies but I am unable to read your message. I get the sense you are a supporter of concealed carry. Yes, we are working on this issue. I suspect we will take a vote in this session, meaning in 2011 or 2012. We are currently working on the budget.

Sincerely,

John

Representative John L. Klenke, 88th District
Rep.Klenke@legis.Wisconsin.gov
Madison: 888-534-0088
Green Bay: 920-469-8599

SO, I SENT THIS BACK....NICE WAS YESTERDAY.

Hi, Representative Klenke

I know for a fact the Assembly can do more than one thing at a time & can introduce more than one type of bill at a time. I also know than some NON budget bills items have been introduced this session so I want to know why the Assembly is dragging it's feet on Concealed carry are you intentionally waiting for the recall so the Majority can swing the other way ? Now is the time ! If concealed carry is not pushed through in the 2011 session, it will not be introduced in the 2012 session & if that happens I will vote against you so fast it will make you head spin in the next election cycle further more I will organize rallies against you & anyone that did not get Concealed carry pushed through. There are Tens of thousands of us & we all know thousands of like minded gun owners -Thousands of us in the area that want concealed carry NOW & you guys are just side stepping us. We want action on Concealed carry , we have been lied to in the past, ignored in the past & that's not going to happen this time around. It's in your best interest to get together with your fellow assembly people, Like Jeffrey Mursau the guy who is taking the lead on concealed carry in the assembly & GET IT DONE.

AaronS

Don't feel bad my friend.
In Milwaukee, my Reps. don't even send a reply back to me. I have sent out (e-mail, and USPS) about 10 letters to my local Reps, and have never gotten any reply back at all.
I guess I should be happy that my local Senator did come back to her job at all (Taylor)...

Coming soon to a town near you --RESET --
Question is, how long do we wait to take back what is ours?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Don't feel bad my friend.
In Milwaukee, my Reps. don't even send a reply back to me. I have sent out (e-mail, and USPS) about 10 letters to my local Reps, and have never gotten any reply back at all.
I guess I should be happy that my local Senator did come back to her job at all (Taylor)...

Coming soon to a town near you --RESET --
Question is, how long do we wait to take back what is ours?

I am thinking 2012, we are at a flash point right now..

Last edited:

bluehighways

I really wish I could say I am surprised by the lame response you received, but there's just no hope left in me for politicians of any stripe. They are all parasitic liars. ALL of them.

RESET.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
SO, I SENT THIS BACK....NICE WAS YESTERDAY.
...I will vote against you so fast it will make you head spin in the next election cycle further more I will organize rallies against you & anyone that did not get Concealed carry pushed through. There are Tens of thousands of us..."

Glock34 - I understand your anger and why you wanted to respond the way you did. FWIW, politicians often do not respond to "hot threats" and instead, move your correspondence to the junk mail in the garbage or the spam filter in the email. Each of us needs to respond the way we feel is best. I am only suggesting that when the door gets slammed in your face, there are times when pounding on a locked door and screaming as loud as you can might not be as effective as sneaking in through a basement window.....

anmut

Physical letters sent to both republicans and democrats over the last 3 months: 12

Responses received: 0

attachment.php

Attachments

• Watching.jpg
    Watching.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 444

hardballer

RESET... I don't think talking nice and being patient is the way to deal with these turds at all. We need to make noise, lots of noise. Further, we must make our desires unmistakable and spell it out in plain English just as Glock did. I would not trust a politician any further than I could throw one and it ain't that far. Draggin' feet is right.

Moreover, they are dinkin' around with costly licensing options and no one but the trainers want that. I am with Glock here and I will put every ounce of my time and energy into unseating them in the next election cycle if they do not start respecting us.

Hardballer out!

anmut

RESET... I don't think talking nice and being patient is the way to deal with these turds at all. We need to make noise, lots of noise. Further, we must make our desires unmistakable and spell it out in plain English just as Glock did. I would not trust a politician any further than I could throw one and it ain't that far. Draggin' feet is right.

Moreover, they are dinkin' around with costly licensing options and no one but the trainers want that. I am with Glock here and I will put every ounce of my time and energy into unseating them in the next election cycle if they do not start respecting us.

Hardballer out!

It's a weird and undefined line. On one hand you have the option to stay calm and PC about with your opinions. That usually nets you a generic response to an argument they have already made "on our behalf."

On the other hand you can throw fire and write letters of passion and those usually are negated to the NutJob Inbox.

Personally, I think the time for talking is about over. It's time for action and lots of it. "... blood of tyrants..."

hardballer

It's a weird and undefined line. On one hand you have the option to stay calm and PC about with your opinions. That usually nets you a generic response to an argument they have already made "on our behalf."

On the other hand you can throw fire and write letters of passion and those usually are negated to the NutJob Inbox.

Personally, I think the time for talking is about over. It's time for action and lots of it. "... blood of tyrants..."

Could not agree more. What we have here is a failure to communicate. These douche bags live the high life, most are ex- attorneys and couldn't draw a straight line if their lives depended on it. I am feeling very ignored and do not like it one bit.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members

On the other hand you can throw fire and write letters of passion and those usually are negated to the NutJob Inbox."

I agree, Anmut. No matter how good it feels when you lick the envelope or hit the <send> button, a letter or email that gets your future correspondence relegated to the "NutJob Inbox" will not get the outcome that you want.

MKEgal

I'm stuck in Milwaukee, too, and (other than Sen. Kohl & Feingold) have had NO response from any of my elected reps at any level to any correspondance.
I even wrote paper letters about constututional carry... nada.

One thing I will point out is that, no matter what you're writing about or which side of the issue you're on, PROOFREAD your work. The less intelligent you seem, the easier it is for them to write you off as uninformed. This is even more important when you're mad, as the OP obviously was. Going off on a frothing rant will get you nowhere.

Go ahead & tell them you'll vote them out of office (or start a recall petition), and tell them how you want them to represent you. That's part of the 1A.
But anything that might be taken as a threat on their person or safety is a Really Bad Idea. The only people that get away with that are the pro-union protestors around the Statehouse.

Last edited:

bluehighways

I'm stuck in Milwaukee, too, and (other than Sen. Kohl & Feingold) have had NO response from any of my elected reps at any level to any correspondance.
I even wrote paper letters about constututional carry... nada.

One thing I will point out is that, no matter what you're writing about or which side of the issue you're on, PROOFREAD your work. The less intelligent you seem, the easier it is for them to write you off as uninformed. This is even more important when you're mad, as the OP obviously was. Going off on a frothing rant will get you nowhere.

Go ahead & tell them you'll vote them out of office (or start a recall petition), and tell them how you want them to represent you. That's part of the 1A.
But anything that might be taken as a threat on their person or safety is a Really Bad Idea. The only people that get away with that are the pro-union protestors around the Statehouse.

She's absolutely right. Check carefully for grammar, spelling and above all content. +1 and a bump to the top.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

The tree of Liberty has not been watered for 230 years, Very soon I hope something happens where that tree will be refreshed. I just need at little more ammo :)

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Wow....

I could be wrong, but i still beleive a well written letter providing facts, referencing statutes, and what other states are doing or have already done is far more productive and advances our cause much more than "threatening" letters that to the reader might appear to be written by someone who should be put on an "ignore" list...

I will agree that trying to comminicate with some representitives is like ....:banghead:
but others seem to take a real interest in what we are trying to tell them.

Finally, I also know that there are many differences of opinon here on this issue as well, but, isn't "Conceal Carry" most often associated with "Permits" so, should we not be using the term "Consitutional Carry" instead of "Conceal Carry" to address the fact that we do not think we should have to pay for a permit to excercise a right...

Just sayin.

Outdoorsman1

PS: What I am trying to say is better said here...http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?89309-Senator-Kedzie-prefers-Constitutional-Carry

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

^^ Agree w/O, better to write something which takes the legal angle or is similar to a pleading to a judge, citing facts and figures, such as 'though guns might cause a handful of deaths, both accidental and suicidal and other causes' they save about 5 times as many lives, especially the older baby boomer generation and people too frail to defend themselves physically'. To me it's worth a few deaths from people who are actually careless or nuts to keep a person feeling safe in his home at night, able to protect his family from ever increasing threats at home and out there in the stores and parking lots.

All too often lawmakers, who have their own guns or even bodyguards, look at the public as unruly children who need to be shut down and corralled. They're all a bunch of self-serving hypocrites, imo. I emailed several representatives and got put on their emailing lists and regularly get spam from them and little response to the issues raised.

/rant