• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got this from Rep. Klenke today..they are not getting the message !!!!!

Snake161

So maybe some of you understand what I was taliking about now? Look at it this way; they don't give a s*** what we want. And that will not change.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I wrote that guy ( my representative ) 3 nice letters in the last 3 weeks explaining everything nicely like some of you fine folks are suggesting & the OP reply was what I got in return....ANYONE here that thinks the Majority of our law makers gives a flying poo what we what or think have had their heads stuck in the sand for too long. They say what they think we want to hear to get elected then they do what ever the Frack they want... I will bet that the MAJORITY of our Letters regarding Concealed carry / Constitutional carry get round filed anyways ! THEY HAVE THEIR MINDS MADE UP --- WE GET A PERMIT SYSTEM ! They have left us/me with no other avenue but to Threaten with being voted against for not doing the will of the people in a timely manner & That is introduce Constitutional carry NOW.

The RESET needs to happen rather quickly..so the first new batch of Legislatures were able to see first hand what happened to those that ignored the people. They have forgotten what ticking off the people can get them because it has yet to happen in this country, all they have is the RESET that occurred in France back in 1789 to 1799 as an example. When it does start I will feel really bad for the Libs.. Now god Forbid that this actually takes place, because that would be horrible..:)

Last edited:

bluehighways

Many great posts here from you fine people. Glock34 is making a very important point with this thread. For way too long lawmakers and 'representatives' have been complacent in their duty to represent the masses, instead catering only to the plutocrats who give massive campaign contributions. The politician promises the sun, moon and stars if elected, and once he or she is in power the masses watch as only the elites are served. Elected officials from both parties do this.

We the public do not have anywhere near the kind of money as the plutocrats. Even collectively we fall far short of that kind of buying power. What we do have is our votes. Small and weak until pooled into a mandate to fire somebody, placing a new face in the big chair.

Like anmut's cartoon illustrates, the public is WATCHING YOU, politicians. We are watching you closely. Do what you say you would or you WILL be voted out in short order.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Many great posts here from you fine people. Glock34 is making a very important point with this thread. For way too long lawmakers and 'representatives' have been complacent in their duty to represent the masses, instead catering only to the plutocrats who give massive campaign contributions. The politician promises the sun, moon and starts if elected, and once he or she is in power the masses watch as only the elites are served. Elected officials from both parties do this.

We the public do not have anywhere the kind of money as the plutocrats. Even collectively we fall far short of that kind of buying power. What we do have is our votes. Small and weak until pooled into a mandate to fire somebody, placing a new face in the big chair.

Like anmut's cartoon illustrates, the public is WATCHING YOU, politicians. We are watching you closely. Do what you say you would or you WILL be voted out in short order.

True, so true.

XDFDE45

Many great posts here from you fine people. Glock34 is making a very important point with this thread. For way too long lawmakers and 'representatives' have been complacent in their duty to represent the masses, instead catering only to the plutocrats who give massive campaign contributions. The politician promises the sun, moon and starts if elected, and once he or she is in power the masses watch as only the elites are served. Elected officials from both parties do this.

We the public do not have anywhere the kind of money as the plutocrats. Even collectively we fall far short of that kind of buying power. What we do have is our votes. Small and weak until pooled into a mandate to fire somebody, placing a new face in the big chair.

+1.gif

They are more concerned with staying in office than representing the people who elected them into office.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I wrote that guy ( my representative ) 3 nice letters in the last 3 weeks explaining everything nicely like some of you fine folks are suggesting & the OP reply was what I got in return....They have left us/me with no other avenue but to Threaten...

I appreciate your anger and when the three "nice letters" got no result it is was definitely time to take a different approach. My concern is the tone and content of the letter in your original post. I don't know your representative and I can't guarantee exactly what he was thinking, but there are other representatives who would have immediately put you on the ignore list and worse, be one step closer to the opinion, "Those damn gun nuts. The minute they don't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it, they go crazy."

In Madison we recently were provided a lesson in what tens of thousands of screams, protests, and demonstrations can fail to accomplish. I think we would be well-served to look at what transpired and figure out what we need to do differently than they did, or what we simply need to do better.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I appreciate your anger and when the three "nice letters" got no result it is was definitely time to take a different approach. My concern is the tone and content of the letter in your original post. I don't know your representative and I can't guarantee exactly what he was thinking, but there are other representatives who would have immediately put you on the ignore list and worse, be one step closer to the opinion, "Those damn gun nuts. The minute they don't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it, they go crazy."

In Madison we recently were provided a lesson in what tens of thousands of screams, protests, and demonstrations can fail to accomplish. I think we would be well-served to look at what transpired and figure out what we need to do differently than they did, or what we simply need to do better.

"Those damn gun nuts. The minute they don't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it, they go crazy."

We have not gotten ANYTHING & now I don't trust any of them to do the right thing..they say they are tackling the budget before ANYTHING else ..right ???? well then what is this >>>

You requested to be notified of the following legislative activities:

Author: Galloway, Pam (Senator)
SB-61 was introduced by Senator Galloway on April 15, 2011
Bill History: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2011/data/SB61hst.html
Relating to: multiple trip permits for overweight vehicles transporting granular roofing material.
SB-61 was referred to committee on Transportation and Elections in the Senate on April 15, 2011
Relating to: multiple trip permits for overweight vehicles transporting granular roofing material.

That don't look like a BUDGET ITEM TO ME !!!! We will be lucky to get Concealed anything this year....

baldp8

I do not get replies from Risser all. Burceau responds but says she does not support concealed carry. I met Risser once and was with a group talking about some healthcare related legislation, that in his words, he helped author. We knew more about what was in the piece of crap than he did. :cry:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Olsen will be subjected to a recall. If you work for him or provide $$ (the mother's milk of politics), make sure you let him know what is expected concerning Constitutional Carry.

AaronS

"Those damn gun nuts. The minute they don't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it, they go crazy."

We have not gotten ANYTHING & now I don't trust any of them to do the right thing..they say they are tackling the budget before ANYTHING else ..right ???? well then what is this >>>

You requested to be notified of the following legislative activities:

Author: Galloway, Pam (Senator)
SB-61 was introduced by Senator Galloway on April 15, 2011
SB-61 was referred to committee on Transportation and Elections in the Senate on April 15, 2011

That don't look like a BUDGET ITEM TO ME !!!! We will be lucky to get Concealed anything this year....

Worst part (for me) is that for a few weeks, I started to trust them. I started to think that all of the personal protection bills I want would be passed...
I knew that it was just the same old blow job for a vote, before the Dems ran out of the State. And YES, all of the CCW/stand your ground stuff should have been brought to vote when the Dems were gone. As far as I see it, the Dems will run again when it does come to the floor...
The ONLY reason to wait on the restoration of our rights, is because our elected officials just don't care about us/it. No need to hide it, the bums just don't care. Just like last year, and the year before...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Worst part (for me) is that for a few weeks, I started to trust them. I started to think that all of the personal protection bills I want would be passed...
I knew that it was just the same old blow job for a vote, before the Dems ran out of the State. And YES, all of the CCW/stand your ground stuff should have been brought to vote when the Dems were gone. As far as I see it, the Dems will run again when it does come to the floor...
The ONLY reason to wait on the restoration of our rights, is because our elected officials just don't care about us/it. No need to hide it, the bums just don't care. Just like last year, and the year before...

YUP ! I do tend to agree with you 125 %...BUT i did get this from my Congressman today...It's more encouraging than the BS i get from my State reps....

April 21, 2011

Dear ( Glock34 ) :)

Thank you for contacting me with your views on the Second Amendment. I always appreciate hearing from constituents on matters facing Congress. I must apologize for my delayed response however, as setting up my office in Washington, D.C. has taken some time.

Like you, I am concerned with attempts to restrict our Second Amendment rights. The Constitution is particularly clear on this issue, stating: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." This sentence states that arming ourselves is not a mere privilege, but a fundamental right.

I do not believe that arbitrary government limits on magazine capacity will make us any safer. A ban exists on automatic weapons, and the time needed to reload a modern semi-automatic weapon is negligible.

Furthermore, I reject the argument that objects are responsible for violence committed by individuals who make their own choices. We must understand that only individuals, not inanimate objects, make decisions. Having won the American Revolution, our Founding Fathers understood the importance of the fundamental right of individuals to bear arms. We should heed their wisdom during current and future debates.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. I hope you continue to engage in the legislative process.

Sincerely,

Reid J. Ribble
Member of Congress

Last edited:

AaronS

Wow, that is a good letter. I guess we do have a few that do care.
I don't think I have ever read from an elected official, a letter that is so good. It lets us know what side of the fence he is on 100%.

"Having won the American Revolution, our Founding Fathers understood the importance of the fundamental right of individuals to bear arms. We should heed their wisdom during current and future debates."

Reid J. Ribble
Member of Congress

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Wow, that is a good letter. I guess we do have a few that do care.
I don't think I have ever read from an elected official, a letter that is so good. It lets us know what side of the fence he is on 100%.

"Having won the American Revolution, our Founding Fathers understood the importance of the fundamental right of individuals to bear arms. We should heed their wisdom during current and future debates."

Reid J. Ribble
Member of Congress

Agree !!! Reid is a Patriot ! And we are lucky to have him.