Thread: met an anti at a work training last night

in front of my computer, WI

met an anti at a work training last night

I just got a PT job doing event security. Beats watching TV, at least as far as income.
    So they made us attend an orientation last night. Very boring.
    One part was how to check bags as people enter a venue, and since I'd arrived with my tank bag I got to play the victim.
    I was a lot more cooperative than I'd probably really be, even moving my gloves so the trainer could see the hard black plastic case that was under them.

After I sat down she went on to talk about if we see a weapon we should tell the person to leave it in their car.
    "So why did you let me in?"
    "That case you just looked at has a pistol in it. You let me in to the venue."
    She looked stunned, and the gal sitting next to me moved away a couple feet saying she didn't want to get shot.

(Idiot.) "Look, if I'd wanted to hurt you you'd already be hurt. I wouldn't have it locked in a case in my bag & be discussing it."
    She thought about that & eventually moved back over.

To her credit, the trainer was cool. Asked me to show the case because she hadn't recognized it as a gun case.

I gave the scared gal a card from Wisconsin Carry & told her she could read WI laws there. (She thought we had to have a permit & carry unloaded!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Gotta love those reactions, seems to me freedom and our rights our like a disease to some they have to move away so they aren't infected.

Great job, and good way to handle that. Keep up all the good work you are doing for the free people of your state.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Good job, one at a time...
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

, ,

Terra, Sol
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 04-16-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."