• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

met an anti at a work training last night

MKEgal

I just got a PT job doing event security. Beats watching TV, at least as far as income.
So they made us attend an orientation last night. Very boring.
One part was how to check bags as people enter a venue, and since I'd arrived with my tank bag I got to play the victim.
I was a lot more cooperative than I'd probably really be, even moving my gloves so the trainer could see the hard black plastic case that was under them.

After I sat down she went on to talk about if we see a weapon we should tell the person to leave it in their car.
"So why did you let me in?"
Huh?
"That case you just looked at has a pistol in it. You let me in to the venue."
She looked stunned, and the gal sitting next to me moved away a couple feet saying she didn't want to get shot.

(Idiot.) "Look, if I'd wanted to hurt you you'd already be hurt. I wouldn't have it locked in a case in my bag & be discussing it."
She thought about that & eventually moved back over.

To her credit, the trainer was cool. Asked me to show the case because she hadn't recognized it as a gun case.

I gave the scared gal a card from Wisconsin Carry & told her she could read WI laws there. (She thought we had to have a permit & carry unloaded!)

sudden valley gunner

Gotta love those reactions, seems to me freedom and our rights our like a disease to some they have to move away so they aren't infected. :lol:

Great job, and good way to handle that. Keep up all the good work you are doing for the free people of your state.