• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GA permit as a resident in MO??

rmodel65

so ive got a friend who is about to move to MO and she has her GA permit....once you become a MO resident do you have to carry on a MO permit? GA considers the license her valid until expiration even if you move....

zekester

I could be wrong...but

I am pretty sure that it will be valid as long as the permit itself is valid.

I have a Florida Permit, but then again I have never been a florida residence, but pretty sure the law states "valid CCW".

Last edited:

cshoff

Zekester is correct. Missouri recognizes ANY valid permit issued by any other state. If your friend moves here and has a GA permit, she can carry on that permit until such time it is no longer valid.

Now, if GA laws are anything like we have in Missouri, then the permit will become invalid as soon as your friend becomes a resident of another state. If/when the permit becomes invalid, your friend will have to either obtain the MO permit or a non-resident permit from another issuing state. To carry a concealed firearm in Missouri without a valid permit is a Felony.

Last edited: