Thread: Assuming SB 234 passes rules committee...

Question Assuming SB 234 passes rules committee...

How long before the house and senate vote on their respective bills and get a merged copy to Scott's desk?

Quote Originally Posted by sniper1 View Post
    How long before the house and senate vote on their respective bills and get a merged copy to Scott's desk?
    With the last amendment on SB 234 by Rules, the bills are identical. So once they pass on both floors, it will go to his desk. In theory, it could be as early as next Friday.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I want to have sex with the idea of that.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

I joined this forum in 2007 resigned to the fact that it would never be legal here. I always assumed that it would be too controversial, since most people in gold star states don't even know its legal. It sounds shocking to a sheeple. But here we are, and it's no thanks to me at all.

But yeah, it could be passed on both floors next week if all goes well. I have no idea how long it typically takes to get signed after passage in the legislature.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    . I have no idea how long it typically takes to get signed after passage in the legislature.
    While the legislature is in session, the constitution allows a 7-day period following presentation of a bill to the Governor within which to sign or veto the bill. If the legislature adjourns sine die before an act is presented to the Governor or while an act is in the Governor’s possession, the Governor has 15 days from the date of presentation in which to take action.

So how do we get it pushed to the front? With Rules looking like a Pass tomorrow, and the Senate looking like a ~24 vote pass as well, it would seem that the anti's will be looking to delay as their last ditch.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    So how do we get it pushed to the front? With Rules looking like a Pass tomorrow, and the Senate looking like a ~24 vote pass as well, it would seem that the anti's will be looking to delay as their last ditch.
    What do u mean about a pass in rules tomorrow?

They're in big trouble if delay is what the enemy is going for. Assuming it passes out of rules tomorrow, with 3 weeks to get it on the floor and with a favorable senate president/ house speaker, time shouldn't be an issue.

I don't think 9 neocons will vote no on the floor. A demonrat or two may even vote FOR it. Tomorrow is the enemy's last stand. If it gets out of Rules with no strings attached, we can start talking about LEO education. We assume they'll all be educated, but I don't want to find out the hard way on week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    What do u mean about a pass in rules tomorrow?
    He means that Rules will vote yes on it.

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle50 View Post
    While the legislature is in session, the constitution allows a 7-day period following presentation of a bill to the Governor within which to sign or veto the bill. If the legislature adjourns sine die before an act is presented to the Governor or while an act is in the Governor’s possession, the Governor has 15 days from the date of presentation in which to take action.
    we are all assumeing that the gov.is going to sign this bills (i hope that this is true)
    being happy doesn't mean everything 's perfect it means that you've achieved a level of acceptance that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by titanortiz View Post
    we are all assumeing that the gov.is going to sign this bills (i hope that this is true)
    He's on record that he'll sign.

The Scott campaign provided this remarkably straightforward statement from Mr. Scott on the open carry issue:

“As a member of the NRA and a hunter, I’m a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I will protect our fundamental right to keep and bear arms. Florida is one of only seven states with wide prohibition on carrying an unconcealed firearm. Repealing the ban on unconcealed or Open Carry will eliminate practical and constitutional problems in Florida.”
    God Bless America.

i hope so too ..what i have been hearing & reading i didn't think that would be a problem? but we are talking about poloticians!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    The Scott campaign provided this remarkably straightforward statement from Mr. Scott on the open carry issue:

“As a member of the NRA and a hunter, I’m a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I will protect our fundamental right to keep and bear arms. Florida is one of only seven states with wide prohibition on carrying an unconcealed firearm. Repealing the ban on unconcealed or Open Carry will eliminate practical and constitutional problems in Florida.”
    Like music to my ears...

Quote Originally Posted by sniper1 View Post
    get a merged copy to Scott's desk?
    The currently proposed amendment (African Americann) is what makes them 'merge.'

Dang is Senate Session on vacation for 2 weeks? No Senate Sessions this week schedule nor April 18-22 (No Standing Committee Meetings/Session).
    The HOR has sessions for Friday and April 20, 21. HB 517 is stuck
    03/28/2011 H CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 332
    Last edited by seminoles1999; 04-14-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seminoles1999 View Post
    Dang is Senate Session on vacation for 2 weeks? No Senate Sessions this week schedule nor next week.
    The Committees aren't done yet...

Next, Silly Walks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post

thank you for clarifying this for me but i seen politicians said onething and do another i know this is a terible thing to think but i seen crazy things happen (sorry)
    being happy doesn't mean everything 's perfect it means that you've achieved a level of acceptance that works for you.

Yeah, Gov. said he'll sign it. We've already got 2 democrats in the house who've voted favorably in house committees (Rep Julien and Rep Soto), so we might as well call that a given. Seeing as we've already gotten by two neocon republicans in senate committees, any guesses on how many more we'll have to deal with on the floor?

Does anyone have a way to record tomorrow's broadcast?

Unfortunately I have a meeting tomorrow and wont be able to watch
    Last edited by oogotbagsoo; 04-14-2011 at 07:51 PM.

What time is it scheduled for?

Quote Originally Posted by seminoles1999 View Post
    Dang is Senate Session on vacation for 2 weeks? No Senate Sessions this week schedule nor next week.
    The HOR has sessions for Friday and April 20, 21. HB 517 is stuck
    03/28/2011 H CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 332
    517 is intentionally 'stuck' so that it can be presented to the house floor in a form identical to 234, which is being amended to match it, for going through committee tomorrow. I'm under the impression that we have to present both bills, identical in form, to both floors at the same time. Otherwise things get uglier and might force second sets of committees, and we all know that's way worse than waiting two weeks between the last committees and the floor votes LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    What time is it scheduled for?
    9:00am