• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Incident In Seabrook Sam's Club

jrd929

I went to Sams in Seabrook today and went inside, and the door greeter didn't have a problem with me OCing, or at least he did say anything. After I got some lunch, I went and got a cart, and there was a different "greeter" there. He said I needed to cover it up because it isn't legal to carry it like that. I asked if he was a manager, and he said no he wasn't. I then told him that he was wrong and that it is legal to Open Carry in NH. I said I would be breaking the law if I did cover it because I don't have a CC permit yet. He then told me he didn't care, and that he was a cop about 20 years ago and that I don't know what I'm talking about :banghead: . After that he said he's done talking to me, so I said fine and after I was done shopping, I went to the manager who said he didn't know much about the situation because it's never occurred before while he was on duty. I kept my cool during the whole situation, and he said that he would speak to the employee after he (the manager) did some research. So I'll continue to OC in Sams when I shop considering the manager didn't mind me carrying.

jrd929

well yeah, He was trying to explain to me that it was still okay to conceal my firearm AFTER I told him I don't have a concealed carry permit. I figured he was too far gone to try and educate, or he was anti gunner from Mass, which I was expecting to run into considering almost every car in the lot around that time had a Mass plate.

KBCraig

Anytime anyone tells you that you should do something, based on "I was a cop!", chances are the closest that person ever was to a badge was being a dog catcher -- volunteer, because they loved the job for the thrill of it.

No NH cop would ever believe that crap.

nhsig220

Anytime anyone tells you that you should do something, based on "I was a cop!", chances are the closest that person ever was to a badge was being a dog catcher -- volunteer, because they loved the job for the thrill of it.

"I was a cop" isn't even an issue. It all came from a Wally World greeter. That is more of an issue. Personally, I would have laughed out loud and kept on walking.

jrd929

If he did know what he was talking about, I would think he would have stuck around to defend his position when the manager showed up, but when that happen, he couldn't get out of there any faster. I plan on going back around the same time either today or tomorrow.

Superlite27

"Oh, you were A cop 20 years ago? Well then, you obviously know laws NEVER, EVER CHANGE, do they? Good thing you were a cop back when it was illegal for black people to drink out of the same water fountains. It means you must be right on top of the latest ordinances, since they're written in stone, huh?"

jrd929

I went back to Sam's Club today around the same time as yesterday and there was a different greeter, and no one else in the store had a problem. The store manager saw it and didn't say anything. I'll be back down there maybe Monday.

Claytron

I went back to Sam's Club today around the same time as yesterday and there was a different greeter, and no one else in the store had a problem. The store manager saw it and didn't say anything. I'll be back down there maybe Monday.

Going there looking for trouble?

Gunslinger

"Greeters" are one step below janitorial help. If he was a cop, it wasn't in NH. Problem with Seabrook is the stench from the PDR of MA wafts up there from time to time. If the clown was a cop, it was probably there where they don't bother with things like constitutional rights.

jrd929

"Greeters" are one step below janitorial help. If he was a cop, it wasn't in NH. Problem with Seabrook is the stench from the PDR of MA wafts up there from time to time. If the clown was a cop, it was probably there where they don't bother with things like constitutional rights.

Yeah, Southern NH is basically northern Mass, example: Boston-Manchester Regional Airport?

jrd929

I went back today and the same grumpy old greeter :cuss: (who claims he was a cop 20 years ago) was there that had a problem with me OCing. He didn't say anything this time, but a friend I brought along said that he heard a customer telling the manager that they were uncomfy with me carrying a gun, and the manager told the customer that there is nothing he can do because open carry is legal in NH. Just hearing that makes me proud to live in NH :banana:

KBCraig

Actually the manager can do something. Under Wal-Mart/Sam's policy, if it's making customers uncomfortable or causing a disruption, he can ask you to leave.

He chose not to do anything about it, which is a good thing!

jrd929

Actually the manager can do something. Under Wal-Mart/Sam's policy, if it's making customers uncomfortable or causing a disruption, he can ask you to leave.

He chose not to do anything about it, which is a good thing!

Yeah, I know they can ask me to cover it up or leave, but it's great to know that the manager of that store is comfortable with his customers OCing.

MagsH2

Thats great news. I live down the street from Sams club, but to tell you the truth I havnt OC'd around here at all. I'm a bit reluctant because of the MA border and all the MA people that shop around here. I guess I'm trying to avoid a MWG call or a confrontation with the store clerks. I'm glad you had no issue and the store manager was good about it. I may try Ocing in Sams this spring sometime. I always wonder how many calls the police get in Seabrook from Massholes about a MWG. I'm glad your exercising your rights!

nhsig220

Snip...
I'm a bit reluctant because of the MA border and all the MA people that shop around here. I guess I'm trying to avoid a MWG call or a confrontation with the store clerks. I'm glad you had no issue and the store manager was good about it. I may try Ocing in Sams this spring sometime. I always wonder how many calls the police get in Seabrook from Massholes about a MWG. I'm glad your exercising your rights!

F'em!

doobie

Thats great news. I live down the street from Sams club, but to tell you the truth I havnt OC'd around here at all. I'm a bit reluctant because of the MA border and all the MA people that shop around here. I guess I'm trying to avoid a MWG call or a confrontation with the store clerks. I'm glad you had no issue and the store manager was good about it. I may try Ocing in Sams this spring sometime. I always wonder how many calls the police get in Seabrook from Massholes about a MWG. I'm glad your exercising your rights!

Who cares about their side of the border; just stay on ours. I've stood 10 ft into Nashua on rt 3 with a OC'ing with a sign, "Welcome to NH, Guns are LEGAL here; Don't like it turn around." and stood there waving at drivers for an hour.

USAR-VET

Not to get off topic, but can out of staters OC in NH like Vermont allows?? I have a CT permit to carry (CC or OC). Just curious as i'll be spending time in the area this summer. Thnxs....