• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Im not sure if it will work but here is a facebook Boycott listing page

Rick H

I am making this Facebook page so as we "Open Carriers" will have a place to post places that are forbidding us to carry, If there is another place that exist please let me know.
Once you join here it will text to anybody that is on the friends list of any post as to where not to go "BOYCOTT" let me know if this works or know how to work it better than I. I am new to Facebook and it might take me a couple tries to get it right........LOLOLOL
the page is call opencarryboycott. If you have a smart phone and are always signed in this should work for you.... I think.... also let me know if this is a dumb idea, Thanks

77zach

Not a dumb idea at all.

But if it passes, most places won't care. Still a great idea though. Maybe I'll get a facebook.

mavidal

the page is call opencarryboycott. If you have a smart phone and are always signed in this should work for you.... I think.... also let me know if this is a dumb idea, Thanks

Man I searched for it on facebook and could not find it. Can you post a direct link as the facebook search is a little funky at times.

Mike

Rick H

I think it would be best if Opencarry.org had a place

I think it would be best if Opencarry.org had a place vs mine I am getting confused already but will keep trying.
I am trying to make a page that only stated the Prohibited places.

Kingfish

I think it would be best if Opencarry.org had a place vs mine I am getting confused already but will keep trying.
I am trying to make a page that only stated the Prohibited places.
Start a post in the FL forum and send a request to a MOD to have it "stickied". Just keep the OP edited.

crashnjax

only reason i said 711 the last 2 Senate meetings a corporate big wig from 711 was a speaker & he was 100% ugainst open carry in his stores!!!!

business's do have the right to restrict guns from the store, but they must post in a visible place that plainly states weapons, and or concealed weapons prohibited. if no sign posted then they dont have a leg to stand on, i believe, of course i might be wrong on this statement, some one correct me if i am indeed wrong.

Kingfish

business's do have the right to restrict guns from the store, but they must post in a visible place that plainly states weapons, and or concealed weapons prohibited. if no sign posted then they dont have a leg to stand on, i believe, of course i might be wrong on this statement, some one correct me if i am indeed wrong.
You are mistaken. Any business can ask you to leave for any reason (that is not based on a protected class) sign or no sign. A "no guns" sign has the same force of law as a "no shirt no shoes no service" sign. You can be asked to leave and arrested (for trespass) if you refuse.

This is not the same in all states though...In TN, a"gun buster" sign holds weight of law (with a $500 fine.)