• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Important notice about AFP Tax-Payer tea party rally on Saturday April 16

HandyHamlet

Thanks Jason. Checked in again and it (facebook page) has degraded into the typical internet name calling by obvious 2nd Amendment haters.

M

McX

in keeping with my avitar; gentlemen, i believe we are being set upon by Confederate spies, seeking to disrupt the lawful assembly of armed citizens!

paul@paul-fisher.com

....yes, but they got it ALL wrong from the beginning and it shows the organizers' true thoughts on the subject. They are just doing damage control now.

Yes and no. Don't forget, the Tea Party is a loose confederation of hundreds of individual organizations. It is possible the particular organizer of this event just wasn't thinking.

XDFDE45

After thinking about it more where the hell does she or her organization get off telling us where we can or cannot legally OC. I thought we were all supposed to be on the side of the Constitution but now it seems some of them are not and are picking and choosing what they support. And the outright threat to point out people who are carrying to the police is NOT COOL
angryfire.gif

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Yes and no. Don't forget, the Tea Party is a loose confederation of hundreds of individual organizations. It is possible the particular organizer of this event just wasn't thinking.

Correct.

I'm moderately pleased with the response of the event organizers by changing the statement on OC.

Their first mistake was making a big deal about OC in the first place. There was no reason to ask people not to do something that some choose to do every day.

I am troubled by Nancy's mentality to "point out OC'ers" but she is but one person.

I think the issue being elevated by Wisconsin Carry and you guys and others got some other people involved and they backed away from the original statement.

I think thats about "the best" we can expect.

The reality is THIS WAS NOT an oc event. It was a rally. We OC every day. That isn't an event. Some people would be OC'ing at the rally. That wouldn't make it an OC event. Just an event where some people who OC would OC like they do any other day.

With every situation, we should always draw out the positive and see the opportunities to move the cause forward.

In this situation, we should take away several things. First, that not EVERYONE in the tea-party movement is educated on open-carry, concealed carry, or EVEN right to carry in general. Not everyone in the tea party movement has had the opportunity to have the 'myths busted'. People involved in the tea-party, or republican party, or even libertarian party... many just haven't given much thought to gun-rights at all.

That's not a crime, but it is an opportunity. I believe most of these people are the type that education and logic CAN reach if we just take the opportunity to do so.

At the end of the day, this situation does point out that you can never take anything for granted when it comes to your rights. We must continually educate. Don't compromise your principles, but educate.

Educate, educate, educate.

paul@paul-fisher.com

The reality is THIS WAS NOT an oc event. It was a rally. We OC every day.

That was the final point I made on Facebook.

I OC every legal place I can.
I want to go to the rally.
It is legal to OC on the Capital grounds.

Therefore, I plan on OC'ing.

People keep saying I shouldn't 'show off'. I'm NOT! I'm exercising my right to assemble and be able to defend myself.

TyGuy

If i didn't have two birthday parties to attend on Saturday I would come just to OC.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
In this situation, we should take away several things. First, that not EVERYONE in the tea-party movement is educated on open-carry, concealed carry, or EVEN right to carry in general. Not everyone in the tea party movement has had the opportunity to have the 'myths busted'. People involved in the tea-party, or republican party, or even libertarian party... many just haven't given much thought to gun-rights at all.

Then we need to fix that, it amazes me that so many people are ignorant of their rights and the current laws in Wisconsin.
I hope to attend this event, but I am not 100% committed right now.
Do I need to put myslef in a situation where it is very possible that several hundred liberal union goons may attack peaceful people protesting. I have always tried to avoid situations that could become explosive and violent. But Maybe it is time we, the silent majority, stop being silent?

HandyHamlet

Due to increased security concerns for our guests, please remember that all attending this family-friendly event are expected to obey the rules and follow and comply with law enforcement.

I'm glad I'm booked.

What the hell does "increased security concerns for our guests" even mean? Does that mean that anyone exercising their 2nd Amendment Right is a security risk?

Family friendly event? So if you know/exercise your rights you are not family friendly.

And the all important "you must OBEY". Even as this wackadoodle pisses all over the Constitution. Because if you know and insist on your Constitutional rights you are a law breaker?

This ain't a Tea Party. This is an "I'm Nancy you M***********S!" party. Look at me! I'm NANCY!

LOOK at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I'm glad I'm booked.

What the hell does "increased security concerns for our guests" even mean? Does that mean that anyone exercising their 2nd Amendment Right is a security risk?

Family friendly event? So if you know/exercise your rights you are not family friendly.

And the all important "you must OBEY". Even as this wackadoodle pisses all over the Constitution. Because if you know and insist on your Constitutional rights you are a law breaker?

This ain't a Tea Party. This is an "I'm Nancy you M***********S!" party. Look at me! I'm NANCY!

LOOK at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This !

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
received this email today from Tim Dake who heads up the tea party group Wisconsin Grandsons of Liberty and also organized the Wisconsin Tea Party coalition. (though he is speaking on behalf of the Grandsons of Liberty in this case as he points out, no one individual speaks on behalf of all the tea party groups that are part of the coalition.)

Nik,

I have read with great dismay the letter sent by Nancy Mistele to the various organizations that she believed might encourage their members to open carry while attending the April 16th Tea Party in Madison. I also read with equally great pleasure your erudite response to Ms. Mistele. I am, and the members of my organization are, appalled at the hubristic attitude of Ms. Mistele and the organization that she represents, Americans For Prosperity - WI. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by this unpleasant development as our own involvement in the preparations for the Tea Party proved similarly frustrating – to the point where we ceased planning.

I have heard from some members of the tea party community that were deeply offended by Ms. Mistele’s letter and subsequently opted to boycott the event in Madison. Many found it hypocritical to be, in part, celebrating the Constitution while denying a basic freedom guaranteed by that very charter. The implied threat of arrest for exercising a lawful freedom was simply too much to accept from an organization that claims to champion our constitutional rights.

The WI GrandSons of Liberty terminated any association with AFP nearly a year ago due to this type of behavior involving last year’s Tax Day tea party under their previous director. We support the United States and Wisconsin Constitutions in their entireties. We do not believe that the Constitution is an a la carte menu from which one can pick and choose the portions that we support. It is our firm belief that the Second Amendment is the insurance of all of our other constitutional rights. We hold that active exercise of our Second Amendment right keeps that right strong and uninfringed.

AFP-WI, the collection of tea party type groups that they fund and control, and Nancy Mistele do not speak for the rest of the tea party movement in Wisconsin. I can only speak for the WI GrandSons of Liberty and I do not know of any single person involved in the WI Tea Party movement that can speak for all of the groups. But the WI GrandSons of Liberty wish to be clear that we completely and unequivocally support open carry at any and all of our events where it is legal. We would like to stress that Wisconsin Carry and all other pro-Second Amendment organizations are welcome to freely exercise their Second Amendment right at any and all events that our organization holds. We welcome the public display of a citizen’s exercise of their rights and we are warmly reassured by the additional security and safety that is provided to all by free American citizens responsibly bearing arms.

Thank you for your continued strong stance and leadership in support of this most basic and important of our constitutional freedoms.

-Tim Dake

WI GrandSons of Liberty

I really don't know a great deal about AFP, but as for all of the grass-roots tea-party groups in Wisconsin, many of which have invited me to speak at their meetings, they have all been exceptionally strong supporters of the right to carry and open carry.

Carry On

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Thanks for posting that up Nik. Looks like AFP had gotten on the nerves of more than just one group with their "OUR WAY OR NO WAY" attitude. If the WI GSOL cut ties with them then that is a group I would definitely get behind and support
icon_salut.gif

M

McX

The Tea Party is nice, and getting out to vote important, but if things keep getting worse, the only real choice we will have is: Secession.

Last edited: