• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good NC Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sultan62

There's an NC-specific forum that I'm a member of that I think members here may be interested in.

- Open Carry is accepted there. Not all members OC, but some do, and I have yet to encounter any real negativity towards it.
- No heavy handed moderation has taken place. I have had a single post removed, and was promptly notified, and understood the reasoning behind it.
- There are meetups between the members, and members from all over the state.

The forum is http://www.ncgunowners.com.

As best I can tell, this post breaks no rules. Someone please tell me if I am wrong, publicly or by PM, prior to deleting the post or thread.

Thank you.

M

mattwestm

That forum is nice, but I've had trouble with http://carolinashootersforum.com/

I could never get my account activated. You were supposed to contact an admin, but no way to do so without account access. After perusing a few posts, a lot of people say there is heavy moderation.

elixin77

I'm in the process of writing a letter to both John and Mike concerning Gray Peterson. PM me if you want to be included as a "signatory" in the letter. The more people that PM me, the higher probability that he will have his mod privileges stripped.

Brion

I'm in the process of writing a letter to both John and Mike concerning Gray Peterson. PM me if you want to be included as a "signatory" in the letter. The more people that PM me, the higher probability that he will have his mod privileges stripped.

??? Confused...who dat?

elixin77

Gray Peterson is a mod that is excercising far more power than he should weild - he deletes posts that go against what he's trying to say, and when you call him out on it, he deletes both the post and topic. He participates in topics where he knows nothing about the law, and still enforces his own opinion otherwise. He has a very heavy hand when it comes to modding, especially if you don't agree with him.

sultan62

I wrote a letter around the time this thread was posted, but feel free to add me as a signatory to yours as well. I just sent mine to 'Administrator'.

chiefjason

That forum is nice, but I've had trouble with http://carolinashootersforum.com/

I could never get my account activated. You were supposed to contact an admin, but no way to do so without account access. After perusing a few posts, a lot of people say there is heavy moderation.

I wouldn't call it heavy, but it's there. They had a lot of mods coming in and out for a while. I think the Buy Sale forum is the biggest beef some of them have. I'm there more than here. If you need a message put through let me know. It's the only other NC specific one I'm on.

rotorhead

lol....sad.

I won't say anything about it though....unless there's a t-shirt contest or something for referrals. Then I'm ratting you out faster than Billy M taking out a drug cartel in his home town.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Gray Peterson is a mod that is excercising far more power than he should weild

You know, I've been hit with that plenty of times, dealing with curmudgeons who can't let go of bashing other organizations, resorting in personal attacks and flamewars even in debate. Here's what happens:

Me: Well, it's clear from the statute their using that the gun ban is not triggered by the declaration.

Certain forum posters: "You don't know the hell you're talking about, get out of our forum, you're stupid, you're a poo-poo-head"

Me: *deletes due to personal attack*. Try again.

Certain Forum Posters: "How dare you! You're effecting my first amendment rights, you're a @#%@@$%@@$%$#@#$^

Me: *deletes due to personal attack*

Certain Forum Posters: "How dare you @#%@%@^T$@%@#$@@#%"

Me: *deletes due to personal attack again, and sends a PM to Administrator along with an email and text about the thread so he can pick it out among the logs.*

This whole situation reminds me of a quote by Albert Einstein, which is thus:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My evil and dastardly plans will be foiled by a bunch of people signing a petition. :uhoh: Quick, where can I sign it too?!
sarcasm.gif

Considering every moderation decision is checked and logged by Administrator, including edits, deletes, and moderates by me, and usually when there's any hint of complaining at all I usually call up John, explain the situation, PM him links and he reads them over, I think the chances are likely as close to zero is can possibly be.

But, I know a some folk here like the idea of attempting to ice skate up a high-grade hill, go ahead and knock yourselves out.

As for the forum link, nothing says there can't be links to other gun rights forums at all, especially a state centered ones. :) Alas, however, this thread has run it's course.

*closed*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.