• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rules Committee Meeting at 9:15

maps761

This is it. The last Senate Committee that Bill 234 has to survive before a floor vote. Looks like SB 234 is Tab # 15 on the Expanded Agenda. I don't know if the bills are considered in order. If so, it could be a long day.

Here's a link to the Senate Media Portal. The feed for the Rules Committee should start around 9:15.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Media/#broadcast

Try not to blow a gasket while watching.

Last edited:

77zach

This is it. The last Senate Committee that Bill 234 has to survive before a floor vote. Looks like SB 234 is Tab # 15 on the Expanded Agenda. I don't know if the bills are considered in order. If so, it could be a long day.

Here's a link to the Senate Media Portal. The feed for the Rules Committee should start around 9:15.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Media/#broadcast

Try not to blow a gasket while watching.

They're not considered in order. I couldn't watch the last one- I can't watch the anti-liberty filth sheriffs.

maps761

They're not considered in order. I couldn't watch the last one- I can't watch the anti-liberty filth sheriffs.

So far they seem to be in order. They're up to Tab 9 already. This might go faster than I thought. Hopefully Marion Hammer is there.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Am I watching the right channel? What the **** is bogdanoff doing on my video feed? She'd not in Rules...

BlackDobe

Bogdanoff

I was thinking the same thing - what was she doing on two committees? I read the list of committee members and she wasn't on it...

So now it sounds like she wants to pitch her amendment to the bill that arrived in Rules without her amendment.

I suppose you can't stop anyone from stepping up to give their comments (as others do from the podium), but it bothers me that she will sit on the dais even though she is no more a part of this committee than any other senator who may vote on this in the future from the floor.

She played her roll in one committee - that should be enough.

BlackDobe

She was explaining her proposed amendment to a bill.

Ah, ...maybe I misunderstood. She was there to explain her proposed amendment to a different bill?

As long as she doesn't chime on on her proposed amendment SB 234 that she pulled previously.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Who is Brian Pitts, and why doesn't he have anything better to do than research and lobby on every bill presented in every Senate committee meeting?

sniper1

Who is Brian Pitts, and why doesn't he have anything better to do than research and lobby on every bill presented in every Senate committee meeting?

he is a self proclaimed political watchdog. google his name, there is some info out there about him.