• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show of hands...WHO is going to be there tomorrow (saturday tea party rally)

protias

I originally had no plans, then yesterday just before noon, I became more interested, then yesterday evening, I became less interested. I do not think I'll be attending (partly because parking will be impossible).

Jason in WI

Might make it tomorrow. Anyone meeting each other PM me. Not really looking for a car pool but, wouldn't mind following someone who knows the place into the city. Hopefully someone knows some good parking and where the schools zones might be. If I understand correctly there are no school zones near the capitol, if I am wrong some one pm me any tricky ones. I know I have to knowingly violate them but I'd hate to get caught up in one with national media floating around.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
OC is perfectly fine in Capitol Square. Other organizers (besides Nancy) confirmed that OC is fine with them as well. Again, its not an OC event, but people should be comfortable doing what they do on any other day. OC is not an event, its a daily behavior.

Also if anyone is going and would be willing to help hand out the orange constitutional carry legislative initiative flyers, please look for Annette Olson, wife of WCI board member Dave "Ole" Olson.

She has a box full of the flyers to hand to people as they enter the rally. This was strongly recommended by the staffers at some of the pro-gun legislators offices we visited yesterday during the "lobby day".

Motofixxer

I heard there is a private ramp on Doty st that doesn't charge on the weekends. I believe it's a bank that is just east of Martin Luther King Blvd. Doty is a one way st if your not familiar and is 1 block off the Capital.

Jason in WI

She was great!

From what I could see from far away she was! I think I have some pics of me carrying i'll see when i get home. We been running around since the rally. Were in the safety of a Starbucks with a pro-gun barista right now on free wi-fi so all is good!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Mlutz

From what I could see from far away she was! I think I have some pics of me carrying i'll see when i get home. We been running around since the rally. Were in the safety of a Starbucks with a pro-gun barista right now on free wi-fi so all is good!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

We were closer than I thought we would be.

jrclen

I planned to be there along with my wife, but after hearing about the threat by Mistle, I refused to attend. And I let both her and the head of this so called tea party know exactly why.

BROKENSPROKET

I planned to be there along with my wife, but after hearing about the threat by Mistle, I refused to attend. And I let both her and the head of this so called tea party know exactly why.

Ditto. I can understand a liberal calling the cops, but a tea party leader?

Maybe an analogy would help explain how this felt. When an enemy talks smack about you, it pisses you off but you expect it. But when a friend talks the same smack, you feel betrayed. That is how I felt. Sorta betrayed.

I mean, I walked up and down State St. which is full of liberals for 2 days and noone called the cops on me, but if I go to a tea party rally and one of our own would call the cops. You know how messed up that is. effin unbelievable.