• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry votes for Senate Floor

77zach

Assuming all Demonrats vote no

Republican "No" :

Bogdanoff
Dean
Jones
Alexander

We still have a cushion of 4 No's.

It goes without saying that the above names need their email and phone lines lit up.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
How long do we have to wait for this to happen?

We want the Senate to go first, so any 'change it for the sake of changing it' crap can be matched in the house.

I'm sure our fearless leaders are developing a form letter that covers all the important points as we speak.

As the Retail Federation has just attempted to lobby for a Right they already have strictly as a point of propaganda and derailment, that issue needs to be hammered hard.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Also consider that the Senate Floor is the most likely place for a strike-all amendment that completely destroys the bill.

77zach

Yep,

I'm looking at the list of Senators. If we can find out if one or two demonrats will vote yes, then we don't have to worry. Can't find one yet.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Liberal/Neocon coalition, didn't I say that? :p

It may well still pass, but by a narrower margin than we expected. There is a real chance it won't pass now.

77zach

We're up to 5 Republican no's.

People in JD Alexander's district really should call and moan. I called and said I was from Glades County. Told them I was disappointed. (He voted yes, but said he'd oppose on the floor).

77zach

??????? Republicans

Benaquisto
Bennett
Detert
Diaz de la Portilla
Fasano
Oelrich (former Alachua sheriff, I say no"
Latvala
Storms

~*'Phoenix'*~

Not Gaetz...he's iffy, at best.

I'm gonna call Gaetz on our side, he's the one that wrote the amendment to get the retail association off our backs. Too eager to compromise perhaps, but still in favor of getting OC passed, and helping to get a major opponant group off the battlefield may very well keep 1 or 2 other fence-sitters on our side, knowing they don't have to go up against FSA and the retailers.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

I can't believe I just acknowledged that the retail slavers actually have a say in the senate proceedings

~*'Phoenix'*~

Storms looks like a rowdy conservative and likes ******* off liberals and moderates in general. probably a good thing for us.

Last edited: