• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State forces Mom to medicate child..

OldCurlyWolf

Time to totally disband CPS or whatever it is called in MI and start over. It is currently "administered" by a group of total fools.:banghead::cuss:

BTW,

KUDOS to the PD for the restraint shown. Very good.

Last edited:

lowlux

If the drugs kill the child, I bet she would be charged with murder too

RooksGambit

I really don't understand why a parent would not want to have their child immunized against a couple of pretty terrible diseases, but mandatiory medication is a rather scary slippery slope to traverse.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I really don't understand why a parent would not want to have their child immunized against a couple of pretty terrible diseases, but mandatiory medication is a rather scary slippery slope to traverse.

Too late, we never made it across; we're on a rocket slide to the precipice.

The good news on this story is that the government has since changed its stance and decide the girl wouldn't be forced medication after all. This while she was in government custody.

On the other side, government has been making people take medicine for years. Mainly people with mental issues. But, its expanding. A few years ago I vaguely recall a young man forced to into standard medical cancer treatment when he himself wanted an alternative treatment.

Thos.Jefferson

Poison vaccines

Could be the fact that back in the old days they(big pharma) didn't use mercury as a preservative in the vaccines plus make the parents sign a waiver when the child was injected.

KS_to_CA

The kid got sick after vaccination and more after the initial treatment.

Think about it: The FDA and the American Pediatric Society claim that vaccines don't hurt children based on the studies conducted by the vaccine manufacturers. The National Health Institute has yet to conduct autism study on groups that do not vaccinate their kids - such as those living in religious communities.

Shots fired from within the dwelling.. was there evidence of this? It was not on the article.

Hhmmm...

RooksGambit

Think about it: The FDA and the American Pediatric Society claim that vaccines don't hurt children based on the studies conducted by the vaccine manufacturers. The National Health Institute has yet to conduct autism study on groups that do not vaccinate their kids - such as those living in religious communities.

I'm no fan of the FDA. They're corrupt from here to next Tuesday and take money from all manner of questionable sources. Heavily funded by Big Pharma, who uses them to stamp out competition. I started digging into their practices in regards to their attempt to classify electronic cigarettes a drug/delivery device. I've no love for them.

And while I decline flu shots (and have not suffered the flu in almost a decade) and other such scare-medicines, I still don't understand not immunizing against preventable childhood diseases. The immunization=autism bugaboo had been rather thoroughly debunked, I thought.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm no fan of the FDA. They're corrupt from here to next Tuesday and take money from all manner of questionable sources. Heavily funded by Big Pharma, who uses them to stamp out competition. I started digging into their practices in regards to their attempt to classify electronic cigarettes a drug/delivery device. I've no love for them.

And while I decline flu shots (and have not suffered the flu in almost a decade) and other such scare-medicines, I still don't understand not immunizing against preventable childhood diseases. The immunization=autism bugaboo had been rather thoroughly debunked, I thought.

Something big just broke in the news. CDC's grant recipient selected to show autism is not caused by the mercury-based preservative in immunizations has been indicted for fraud. And, not just any fraud. Fraud connected to the grant itself.

Fair use excerpt:

"SILVER SPRING, Md., April 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Based on last week's indictment of vaccine-autism researcher Dr. Poul Thorsen for money laundering and mail fraud, the Coalition for Mercury-free Drugs (CoMeD), a Maryland-based non-profit organization, is calling for further investigation related to the incident.
Thorsen, a Danish scientist, has already been cited for academic misconduct by Aarhus University in Denmark and is now charged with embezzling a $1 million grant for autism from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vaccine-autism-researcher-indicted-for-fraud-120224134.html

I found out about it under the 4-25-11 blog entries here:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

VW_Factor

Rooks - I'm no fan of the FDA either. While my elderly mother gets the flu shots, I have refused to get them ever since they became available. Normally, I may get one or two colds during the winter. This year, I got it from my mother who was sick for about 8 weeks. My symptoms lasted less than 3 weeks and all I took was OTC stuff.
I think there is too much "hype and hysteria" about the flu, in particular, the "avian" and "swine" flu varieties.
Decent food, plenty of water/fruit juice, sufficient sleep, all help keep you going. Avoiding as much stress at work or home as you can helps, but is sometimes next to impossible nowadays.

Indeed. Our bodies have a natural immune system, that is easy to bolster naturally. I came down in pneumonia once, a week after I got a flu shot. Never again.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Anti-vaxxers are the worst kind of morons.

I don't know that they're anti-vaxxers as much as I suspect they are anti-poisonous- preservative vaxxers.

And, its not like big Pharma hasn't been caught time and again playing loose with health vs money. I don't know what the make up is today, but it wasn't all that long ago that many on the FDA's approval board had direct ties to Big Pharma.

If the preservative issue was actually sorted out, I'm betting there would be less resistance.

Last edited:

Tawnos

Something big just broke in the news. CDC's grant recipient selected to show autism is not caused by the mercury-based preservative in immunizations has been indicted for fraud. And, not just any fraud. Fraud connected to the grant itself.

You should look at that again, it's not what you think.

SOURCE Coalition for Mercury-Free Drugs (CoMeD)

That's like sourcing something from the Brady Campaign trying to indict standard capacity magazines.

The number of fallacies are staggering, but let's start with the simple one: researchers don't work in a vacuum. Just because one of the co-researchers (which is what Thorsen was, neither author nor owner of the lab) embezzles money, it does not discredit the contents of the research.

Though I suppose when you start from a conclusion and work backwards, it's easy to make that mistake.

Tawnos

I don't know that they're anti-vaxxers as much as I suspect they are anti-poisonous- preservative vaxxers.

And, its not like big Pharma hasn't been caught time and again playing loose with health vs money. I don't know what the make up is today, but it wasn't all that long ago that many on the FDA's approval board had direct ties to Big Pharma.

If the preservative issue was actually sorted out, I'm betting there would be less resistance.

The preservative issue WAS sorted out. Haven't you followed, the main body of anti-vaxxer morons have moved on to "the immune system can't handle too many things at once". This movement was redoubled with the Wakefield fraud, where the actual contents of the research were found to be deliberately manipulated (rather than having one of the sub-researchers stealing some money on the side).

It's a misdirection and a dangerous lie to target vaccinations as some creeping danger in society. You'd hope the parents who claimed exemption and had their kids die from whooping cough recently would spur others to maybe examine the evidence rather than their own misconceptions and fears.

stainless1911

Banned
Pieces of the Declaration that fit the situation we have allowed to mature.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The preservative issue WAS sorted out. Haven't you followed, the main body of anti-vaxxer morons have moved on to "the immune system can't handle too many things at once". This movement was redoubled with the Wakefield fraud, where the actual contents of the research were found to be deliberately manipulated (rather than having one of the sub-researchers stealing some money on the side).

It's a misdirection and a dangerous lie to target vaccinations as some creeping danger in society. You'd hope the parents who claimed exemption and had their kids die from whooping cough recently would spur others to maybe examine the evidence rather than their own misconceptions and fears.

Wow, you seem to have some warmth on the subject. Myself? I don't have a dog in this fight.

No, I haven't followed closely. Yes, I saw it was an anti-mercury source. That's why I linked and fair-use excerpted, so others could evaluate it.

But, I'll leave the playing field to you on this subject. Like I said, I don't have a dog in this fight.