Thread: Who Needs a Gun Near ODU?

Who Needs a Gun Near ODU?

Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, 15 April, p. B2:

Norfolk ROBBERS INVADE HOME NEAR ODU, TAKE VALUABLES

Armed robbers entered a house just off the campus of Old Dominion University on Thursday, ordered people to the floor and stole valuables, a police report said.

Entire article: http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/OLIVE...&view=ZW50aXR5

To be fair, the article does state that a gun was stolen by the "invaders". My guess would be that the handgun was tucked away in a drawer in Condition Four.

The article also says: "The area is home to students and is prone to robberies." Ya think?? I bet the invaders were surprised to find a handgun. Most likely they expected the compliant students to be comepletely defenseless.

I cannot imagine why home invaders would select a location so near to campus, especially when the ODU campus police are always on such high alert.

I expect that T33j will give us the "inside story".
    Last edited by USNA69; 04-15-2011 at 03:38 PM.

All I've really got:
    Police report a home invasion occurred at approximately 1:03 a.m. April 14 on 43rd Street near Killam Ave. Three to four males wearing masks knocked on the door of a house and barged in when the door was opened. They displayed a gun and stole electronics and cash. They fled on foot towards Colley Ave. Always check who is at the door before opening and not open doors to strangers. Report any suspicious activity to police immediately.
    Oh, and:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Broderick 04-07-2011
    Additionally, the consultant found that “crime statistics do not reflect that there is a serious crime problem at Old Dominion University.”
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I have been thinking about what to do about ODU.

T33J's OC luncheons garnered a few OCers, but not a large gathering.

I have a few ideas.

First would be to start a gun rights open carry group - Call it Old Dominion Unconcealed - ODU. Elect T33J President of the club.

Then we could pass out fliers around ODU telling people about the unsafe conditions in the area and why they would be safer open carrying.

When the Old Dominion University Police show up we can tell them we are from ODU and have the permission of the president to carry firearms
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I have been thinking about what to do about ODU.

T33J's OC luncheons garnered a few OCers, but not a large gathering.

I have a few ideas.

First would be to start a gun rights open carry group - Call it Old Dominion Unconcealed - ODU. Elect T33J President of the club.

Then we could pass out fliers around ODU telling people about the unsafe conditions in the area and why they would be safer open carrying.

When the Old Dominion University Police show up we can tell them we are from ODU and have the permission of the president to carry firearms
    ^ lol! I believe in the next few years we are going to start seeing, guns allowed on campus. FL is about to get open carry, more gun freedoms are coming back. I hope it's soon!
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 04-15-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

New one:
    Police report a robbery occurred at 41st and Bluestone at approximately 1:30 a.m. Four males in a silver car, possibly a Mercedes, approached 2 students, stuck an object in one's back and robbed their wallets. One suspect was described as a black male, 5'7", slim build, wearing dark clothing.

Remember that safety is a shared responsibility.
    Oh, and just in case you didn't catch it about the home invasion yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Broderick 04-04-2011
    Additionally, the consultant found that “crime statistics do not reflect that there is a serious crime problem at Old Dominion University.”
    Sic Semper Tyrannis