• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Needs a Gun Near ODU?

USNA69

Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, 15 April, p. B2:

Norfolk ROBBERS INVADE HOME NEAR ODU, TAKE VALUABLES

Armed robbers entered a house just off the campus of Old Dominion University on Thursday, ordered people to the floor and stole valuables, a police report said.

Entire article: http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/OLIV...pageno=MTI.&entity=QXIwMTIwOA..&view=ZW50aXR5

To be fair, the article does state that a gun was stolen by the "invaders". My guess would be that the handgun was tucked away in a drawer in Condition Four.

The article also says: "The area is home to students and is prone to robberies." Ya think?? I bet the invaders were surprised to find a handgun. Most likely they expected the compliant students to be comepletely defenseless.

I cannot imagine why home invaders would select a location so near to campus, especially when the ODU campus police are always on such high alert.

I expect that T33j will give us the "inside story".

Last edited:

t33j

All I've really got:
Police report a home invasion occurred at approximately 1:03 a.m. April 14 on 43rd Street near Killam Ave. Three to four males wearing masks knocked on the door of a house and barged in when the door was opened. :banghead: They displayed a gun and stole electronics and cash. They fled on foot towards Colley Ave. Always check who is at the door before opening and not open doors to strangers. Report any suspicious activity to police immediately.

Oh, and:
John Broderick 04-07-2011 said:
Additionally, the consultant found that “crime statistics do not reflect that there is a serious crime problem at Old Dominion University.”

Thundar

I have been thinking about what to do about ODU.

T33J's OC luncheons garnered a few OCers, but not a large gathering.

I have a few ideas.

First would be to start a gun rights open carry group - Call it Old Dominion Unconcealed - ODU. Elect T33J President of the club.:monkey

Then we could pass out fliers around ODU telling people about the unsafe conditions in the area and why they would be safer open carrying.

When the Old Dominion University Police show up we can tell them we are from ODU and have the permission of the president to carry firearms:banana:

ocholsteroc

I have been thinking about what to do about ODU.

T33J's OC luncheons garnered a few OCers, but not a large gathering.

I have a few ideas.

First would be to start a gun rights open carry group - Call it Old Dominion Unconcealed - ODU. Elect T33J President of the club.:monkey

Then we could pass out fliers around ODU telling people about the unsafe conditions in the area and why they would be safer open carrying.

When the Old Dominion University Police show up we can tell them we are from ODU and have the permission of the president to carry firearms:banana:

^ lol! I believe in the next few years we are going to start seeing, guns allowed on campus. FL is about to get open carry, more gun freedoms are coming back. I hope it's soon!

Last edited:

t33j

New one:
Police report a robbery occurred at 41st and Bluestone at approximately 1:30 a.m. Four males in a silver car, possibly a Mercedes, approached 2 students, stuck an object in one's back and robbed their wallets. One suspect was described as a black male, 5'7", slim build, wearing dark clothing.

Remember that safety is a shared responsibility.:banghead:

Oh, and just in case you didn't catch it about the home invasion yesterday:
John Broderick 04-04-2011 said:
Additionally, the consultant found that “crime statistics do not reflect that there is a serious crime problem at Old Dominion University.”