Thread: Sb 234 sb 517 open carry celebration meet

Sb 234 sb 517 open carry celebration meet

Last edited by mach1chris; 06-16-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    I was woundering maybe after these passed and becames laws maybe we can all meet up if your local because i realize its all of Florida...

maybe go to the ranges
    IF it passes, that's an excellent idea.

I'm about 5 hours away from you. We can have regional celebrations.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I hate Miami with a passion. And it's many hundreds of miles away... There were a few guys that were thinking about a Fishing event down there. I'm sure they'll chime in.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

My celebration will be to go to the local Starbucks smack in the middle of Flaming Liberal Student Land... What? I go there already. The other one is farther away....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

I'm in Fort Lauderdale; only been to Miami once, that was enough, lol. If anyone wants to meet somewhere though, have an OC BBQ etc. that be awesome. I'm definitely down for some regional OC get togethers. Especially in south Florida, I can imagine it won't look good for lone OCers in miami/fort.laud./WPB region anytime soon...

You guys in the areas where CLEOs have already vowed unwarranted response and intimidation should probably have camera people around. Especially Pinellas, Hillsboro, and Miami-Dade. I know you think it's silly and that I'm talking out my ass, but these people are not above killing to get their way. I'd hate for your body to be my toljaso.

I still say you've got the cart in front of the horse. the Fat Lady has not sung, and we're working with a narrower margin than we previously thought. It is entirely possible that these plans may be for naught.

I'm sure our Fearless Leaders have a press release and some emails for us to send.... We're gonna need it.

I'd meet up with anyone in downtown St Pete for lunch

Lakeland Area.......im ready for the fun to begin

If you haven't figured it out, I'm in Gainesville.

My digital camera takes 480p video (it's a few years old, but it works), and my phone does 720p. I volunteer to forgo the festivities of actually OCing, and be the guy with the camera(s) if and where needed.
    Last edited by ixtow; 04-15-2011 at 04:20 PM.

if this becomes a law i would be down for a meet up or lunch somewhere , i'm just north of tampa.

Grouping up is a good idea. I'm in St. Pete with monthly travels to UF. GPD's one thing, some good folk. It's University police with their jurisdiction on University, Archer, 13th, and 34th that REALLY scare me. Them and shoot first Coats.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I still say you've got the cart in front of the horse. the Fat Lady has not sung, and we're working with a narrower margin than we previously thought. It is entirely possible that these plans may be for naught.

I'm sure our Fearless Leaders have a press release and some emails for us to send.... We're gonna need it.
    I'm with you on that ixtow. Getting it out of committee is a narrow victory. The floor is where the real yeas and nays count. We'll see which senators are really in favor of the bill and which ones have been blowing smoke. The floor is where most concede for the hand shake deals and political favor towards other bills.

I think party plans are a little premature at this point. Everyone needs to start drafting their emails and have them ready when we hear of the floor vote date & time. It won't have a lot of time once it's on the agenda so people have to be quick with their emails. Start sending them now and have more ready once the date is public.

I started a new thread that we should organize this stuff a little better with. I'm compiling...

a BBQ would be great
    To model our political system upon speculations of lasting tranquility, is to calculate on the weaker springs of the human character.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I started a new thread that we should organize this stuff a little better with. I'm compiling...
    04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4...
    It passed guys. now time to man up and bring out the guns. i say groups would be better at 1st but still if you get stop by JSO or your county LEO make sure you call some one and leave the phone on so some one is a witness to you being harassed if you actually get harassed. Make sure you keep you CW permit with you regardless if your open or conceal your weapon. I live in west jax and off on mondays and tuesday for now so i can meet up with any one in my area. just message me.
    John Strifler for FL State Senate District 1 for 2012
    crashnjax@att.net
    crash.jax_fl on yahoo
    johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com

Political advertisement paid for and approved by John p. Strifler, no party affiliation, state senate

Quote Originally Posted by crashnjax View Post
    04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4...
    It passed guys. now time to man up and bring out the guns. i say groups would be better at 1st but still if you get stop by JSO or your county LEO make sure you call some one and leave the phone on so some one is a witness to you being harassed if you actually get harassed. Make sure you keep you CW permit with you regardless if your open or conceal your weapon. I live in west jax and off on mondays and tuesday for now so i can meet up with any one in my area. just message me.
    don't open carry yet!there is still more voting to be done.

Until Rick's signature is dried on an acceptable (full) law, let's try to refrain from jynxing things, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    Until Rick's signature is dried on an acceptable (full) law, let's try to refrain from jynxing things, shall we?
    I have the same sentiments, I say get rid of this thread or put it on "lay away" somewhere. LOL