• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb 234 sb 517 open carry celebration meet

77zach

I was woundering maybe after these passed and becames laws maybe we can all meet up if your local because i realize its all of Florida...

maybe go to the ranges

IF it passes, that's an excellent idea.

I'm about 5 hours away from you. We can have regional celebrations.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I hate Miami with a passion. And it's many hundreds of miles away... There were a few guys that were thinking about a Fishing event down there. I'm sure they'll chime in.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
My celebration will be to go to the local Starbucks smack in the middle of Flaming Liberal Student Land... What? I go there already. The other one is farther away....

~*'Phoenix'*~

I'm in Fort Lauderdale; only been to Miami once, that was enough, lol. If anyone wants to meet somewhere though, have an OC BBQ etc. that be awesome. I'm definitely down for some regional OC get togethers. Especially in south Florida, I can imagine it won't look good for lone OCers in miami/fort.laud./WPB region anytime soon...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You guys in the areas where CLEOs have already vowed unwarranted response and intimidation should probably have camera people around. Especially Pinellas, Hillsboro, and Miami-Dade. I know you think it's silly and that I'm talking out my ass, but these people are not above killing to get their way. I'd hate for your body to be my toljaso.

I still say you've got the cart in front of the horse. the Fat Lady has not sung, and we're working with a narrower margin than we previously thought. It is entirely possible that these plans may be for naught.

I'm sure our Fearless Leaders have a press release and some emails for us to send.... We're gonna need it.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If you haven't figured it out, I'm in Gainesville.

My digital camera takes 480p video (it's a few years old, but it works), and my phone does 720p. I volunteer to forgo the festivities of actually OCing, and be the guy with the camera(s) if and where needed.

Last edited:

jonkknox

Grouping up is a good idea. I'm in St. Pete with monthly travels to UF. GPD's one thing, some good folk. It's University police with their jurisdiction on University, Archer, 13th, and 34th that REALLY scare me. Them and shoot first Coats.

firedog

I still say you've got the cart in front of the horse. the Fat Lady has not sung, and we're working with a narrower margin than we previously thought. It is entirely possible that these plans may be for naught.

I'm sure our Fearless Leaders have a press release and some emails for us to send.... We're gonna need it.

I'm with you on that ixtow. Getting it out of committee is a narrow victory. The floor is where the real yeas and nays count. We'll see which senators are really in favor of the bill and which ones have been blowing smoke. The floor is where most concede for the hand shake deals and political favor towards other bills.

I think party plans are a little premature at this point. Everyone needs to start drafting their emails and have them ready when we hear of the floor vote date & time. It won't have a lot of time once it's on the agenda so people have to be quick with their emails. Start sending them now and have more ready once the date is public.

crashnjax

I started a new thread that we should organize this stuff a little better with. I'm compiling...

04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4...
It passed guys. now time to man up and bring out the guns. i say groups would be better at 1st but still if you get stop by JSO or your county LEO make sure you call some one and leave the phone on so some one is a witness to you being harassed if you actually get harassed. Make sure you keep you CW permit with you regardless if your open or conceal your weapon. I live in west jax and off on mondays and tuesday for now so i can meet up with any one in my area. just message me. :banana::monkey:idea::arrow:

deserteagle50

04/15/2011 Senate • CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4...
It passed guys. now time to man up and bring out the guns. i say groups would be better at 1st but still if you get stop by JSO or your county LEO make sure you call some one and leave the phone on so some one is a witness to you being harassed if you actually get harassed. Make sure you keep you CW permit with you regardless if your open or conceal your weapon. I live in west jax and off on mondays and tuesday for now so i can meet up with any one in my area. just message me. :banana::monkey:idea::arrow:

don't open carry yet!there is still more voting to be done.

j4l

Until Rick's signature is dried on an acceptable (full) law, let's try to refrain from jynxing things, shall we?

10x

Until Rick's signature is dried on an acceptable (full) law, let's try to refrain from jynxing things, shall we?

I have the same sentiments, I say get rid of this thread or put it on "lay away" somewhere. LOL:D