• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should Wisconsin residents be allowed to carry a concealed weapon?

rcav8r

Is there a more direct link to what you are talking about? the one you give talks about the budget bill.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
If that poll is scientifically accurate it is actually very good news. WAVE likes to roll out results of polls of questionable validity that suggest that public support is overwhelmingly against concealed carry in Wisconsin. The poll reported here would take that thunder away from the antis by suggesting that there's merely an even split. Experience in other states that have adopted a conceal carry provision indicate that once concealed carry is implemented and all the "blood in the streets, return to the Wild West" nonsense fails to materialize the public support for concealed carry strengthens.

MKEgal

a more accurate question would be...

"Should law-abiding citizens be on a level playing field with criminals who want to harm them?"
or
"Is there any good reason to restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens?"

Captain Nemo

Polls are the most untrustworthy statistics you can find. An example is one a Logics professor I had described. If you had a room of 100 people and 10 of them like frosted flakes cereal. Then if you took a poll and asked 12 people if they liked Frosted Flakes cereal and within that poll you had purposedly or inadvertently included 8 of the original 10 your result would say that acccording to your poll 75% of the people like Frosted Flakes cereal. The reality is only 10% of the people present liked Frosted Flakes.

One thing that is not arguable is that in 1998 75% of the Wisconsin citizens that exercised their voting privleges, the people that give the legislators their jobs, ratified Article I sect 25. That amendment gives us the right to carry firearms for, amoung other activities, the activities of personal security and defense. Let the anti's do a poll on that issue.