• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB234: The Final Countdown

77zach

Benaquisto introduced a nullification bill. That's pretty cool. Probably yes. I'd say thrasher is yes.

just don't know anything about the other ones. I guess we have to assume Oelrich is no since he was a sheriff.

~*'Phoenix'*~

exactly how many of the dems are confirmed opposed, and how many are educated guesses by party afiliation?

~*'Phoenix'*~

Benaquisto introduced a nullification bill. That's pretty cool. Probably yes. I'd say thrasher is yes.

just don't know anything about the other ones. I guess we have to assume Oelrich is no since he was a sheriff.

benaquisto would make it even, so we'd need 4 of the remaining 6? (or 3 since the tie-breaker pres. is in favor?)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
There is a slim chance that, due to the Retail Federation apparently being appeased by this amendment that gives them what they already had, Bogdanoff might vote on our side. Slim, but possible.

~*'Phoenix'*~

If everyone votes and just one democrat votes yea, I think it's a done deal.

Here are democrats who have voted "yea" on SB 432 and/or SB 402 but have not yet been in a position to vote on open carry.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s32
http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s6
http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s1

Email and call. It's a long shot but can't hurt anything.

Good plan
ring.jeremy.web@flsenate.gov ; hill.tony.web@flsenate.gov ; montford.bill.web@flsenate.gov
Here are their emails in 'easy' form.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Sent one to one of the unknowns, Mr. Diaz De La Portilla, for whom I have campaigned in the past, and whose district I used to live in. Hoping this works, folks; this vote is so much closer than I would've ever thought. It's time for prayer.

When is this coming up for a vote on the senate, folks?

J. Rodriguez, Esq.

77zach

Sent one to one of the unknowns, Mr. Diaz De La Portilla, for whom I have campaigned in the past, and whose district I used to live in. Hoping this works, folks; this vote is so much closer than I would've ever thought. It's time for prayer.

When is this coming up for a vote on the senate, folks?

J. Rodriguez, Esq.

The 27th, 8th, or 9th. From what you know do you think he'll say yes?

~*'Phoenix'*~

Rvrctyrngr over at floridaconcealedcarry.com hit this staight up I think:
"I'm acutally surprised PBC, Broward and Miami-Dade haven't been involved in the lobbying efforts. Maybe they feel secure in the way their particular senators are going to vote."

Broward's Sen. is Boggie. Sheriff Lamberti wasn't there, Boggie's already showed us how she's voting.
Citrus county's Sen. is Dean. Sheriff Dawsy wasn't there, Dean already hates it because he's barely short of being an FSA lobbyist with a senate seat.
I think this is the secret to seeing where the remaining "Not sure" senate votes lie:
If their sheriff isn't there, they're already voting against it, if he is, they "need extra convincing"