• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB234: The Final Countdown

RRobaldo

Lost open carry.

Ok, we lost open carry:banghead::banghead:.

But now I've lost track...

Is secured in parking lot still in the bill? Or was that wiped out by her amendment too?

RRobaldo

We have to remember that even though EMPLOYEES can secure their weapons in the parking lot, PATRONS of a business CANNOT!

Also secured in locked cars in parking lots on college campuses, etc...

This bill was also to fix THAT portion of the law too.

So let's not scuttle it so quickly. Hopefully we can at least hope to get THAT part of the bill passed.

20SomethingSnowbird

Just spoke to Senator Evers assistant for an explanation. Evers agreed to the amendment because without it, he was concerned that the bill would not pass with the OC provision and didn't want to jeopardize the rest of the bill. He did not accept the amendment because he agreed with her. Ryan was also not aware of any plans to introduce a late filed amendment to squash what she just had adopted. I'm not mad at Evers, but I am PI**ED off at Boggie.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I'm mad at anyone who did not put up a fight. If you sit there with out standing up for freedom, you're a commie in my book.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
OP Updated.

Looking for some Real Estate out West. Floriduh is a lost cause. I don't even want to CC now. It's just too dangerous.

RRobaldo

If he didn't have the votes, and needed this amendment to pass the rest of the bill, then he should have at the VERY LEAST worked with her to fix the language so it wasn't so subjective!

This new language makes it even EASIER for the police to harass and does NOTHING to fix the original problem:cuss::banghead:!

77zach

Let optimism get the best of me. I am re-resigned to our fate.

We live in a very unfree place and time. This was a tall, tall order guys.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I wish I never got into guns, government, and freedom. I liked being dumb and happy so much more. Now I'm always disgruntled with the lack of representation and this has made me more angry than ever.

WwRGSwW

I wish I never got into guns, government, and freedom. I liked being dumb and happy so much more. Now I'm always disgruntled with the lack of representation and this has made me more angry than ever.

Agreed... never cared about government until I got my guns... now it gets my blood pressure up...