Thread: No case pursued over bullets found in Madison

No case pursued over bullets found in Madison

Madison - When authorities found rounds of ammunition March 3 outside the state Capitol building and at Madison's City-County Building during the height of protests over Gov. Scott Walker's controversial plan to limit collective bargaining for public employees, there was cause for alarm.

Read the rest of it at the following link:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...119922309.html

Most likely someone thought they could stir up some trouble by dropping some .22 bullets around, if they really wanted a cause for alarm it'd be .308 or 50 BMG. Even then, I don't think the authorities would be able to do much with it. Even if they pulled prints off it and found the person whom they'd belong to, all that person would need to say is they dropped it by accident, provided nothing else was uncovered like a plot to assassinate someone.
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro01 View Post
    Most likely someone thought they could stir up some trouble by dropping some .22 bullets around, if they really wanted a cause for alarm Jason in WI to notice the rounds and pick them up for safe keeping it'd be .308 or 50 BMG.
    Fixed it for you .

Edited to add:
    Just read the article and found this tidbit "It's not a crime to drop bullets", I don't know why but i found that funny. I can just picture a bunch of Madison Lib's trying to come up with a law to outlaw dropping bullets because it scared them.
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 04-15-2011 at 06:51 PM.

If I had found some .50 BMG I might just have to go out and purchase a rifle it would fire from. COOOOL
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.