• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any chance of pacifying the FSA?

~*'Phoenix'*~

DON'T FLAME ME, I'M NOT SUGGESTING OR ADVOCATING THIS --
Just curious what you think the odds would be of the FSA stopping their opposition (and possibly gaining 1 or 2 votes from former sheriff senators) if the bills were amended to allow them to check CWL on demand while OCing?
And if so,
Who would approve of this as better than no OC at all?

I'm guessing little chance, since they wouldn't stop with lvl2 retention, training, and displayed card, but the other former sherriff (not dean) might be swayed, or the FSA calmed down.
I'm also guessing few would be ok with this, even if it meant no OC at all otherwise?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm not sure it's useful. The CLEOs made the complete opposite argument back in 1987. they were opposed to Concealed, and not thrilled about but accepting of Open.

The Fascist Sociopath Association will oppose anything we put out there.

Last edited:

Aknazer

Something like this was suggested for Oklahoma as well. I would rather see the bill fail than agree to letting them demand my CWP when OCing. That just asks for abuse by cops who don't like OCing.

nigmalg

They weren't OK with us permanently showing identification next to the holster... I don't see why allowing them to ask for ID would be any different.

Actually, IMO, the real issue here is not safety, or "offending people". The FSA is losing their perceived monopoly on the display of force. Unfortunately, because there's no middle ground I doubt anything would pacify them.

We could be statutory required to get on our left knee and bow when coming into contact with a Sheriff's Deputy to acknowledge them.

Last edited:

oogotbagsoo

Considering the whining, crying, and drama...

Flowers? Candy?

I was thinking something along the lines of baking them a cake

10.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Several of these Traitors are already spreading Training Policy that violates the 4th. They are already teaching their Officers to attack and detain us without cause.

Celebration is premature. The votes look like they're split almost down the middle. It could easily go either way. We have a lot of RINO/Neocon Republicans in the Senate who have already said they'll vote against us. Most of the rest are not talking or responding to any contacts we attempt to make. This doesn't look good.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
But just in case, we should get a postcard with the 4th amendment on it and mail it to them. No return address.