Thread: Need advice before tommorow

Need advice before tommorow

I'm looking to put a new gun on layaway tomorrow.

Its a S&W Sigma 9mm Full Size (Kit)

Does anyone have any thing good or bad to say about these? Any first hand experience? Recommendations?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

If your going to buy a glock clone, buy glock.

I don't own a sigma but I hear that the trigger sucks, but can be fixed with a trigger job.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

IMO, I would skip on the Sigma. I was researching it awhile back and found more bad reviews than good. What attracted you to the Sigma?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

It was a recommendation by the guy at the gun store (its what he carries). I am not a fan of glock.

I am looking to get something better than the high point I already have. Originally I was going to get a plinker, (Walther p22) but I need something better to carry at work so that money is going on a down payment towards something else.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Buy a CZ75. It's all steel and doesn't need a trigger job and you can buy ammo with the price difference.

My FIRST bit of advice would be, since you live in NC, you need to go to your Sheriff and make sure you have your PPP cleared and in hand BEFORE you put any money down on the pistol...

I recently had a family friend call me for advice because he put a handgun on layaway BEFORE he had his permit in hand, only to find--one week before the layaway period was going to expire--that the county he was in had all sort of impossible-to-meet requirements for PPPs. That required all sort of hoop-jumping to get squared away. Luckily the pawn shop he had the gun on layaway at was VERY cooperative, and extended his layaway period until he could get his PPP all squared away.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    My FIRST bit of advice would be, since you live in NC, you need to go to your Sheriff and make sure you have your PPP cleared and in hand BEFORE you put any money down on the pistol...

I recently had a family friend call me for advice because he put a handgun on layaway BEFORE he had his permit in hand, only to find--one week before the layaway period was going to expire--that the county he was in had all sort of impossible-to-meet requirements for PPPs. That required all sort of hoop-jumping to get squared away. Luckily the pawn shop he had the gun on layaway at was VERY cooperative, and extended his layaway period until he could get his PPP all squared away.
    I always have a PPP at my house. Each time I purchase I go get another one.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Might look into Bersa. They make a great gun at affordable prices.

Ditto on the Beras, and-if you're planning on going full-sized, why limit oneself to a 9mm>?? Plent of affordable .45's out there now. Same shop should have a dozen or more to check out.

I know this might be a little late but skip on the sigma. I LOVE all of smiths that I have shot (and I have shot more than my share of them) but a sigma 9mm. It just didn't feel right and my shot placement was always off (not saying this wasn't my fault).

On the bright side of purchasing the SW SD9 It looks identical to the M&P so it makes it incrediably hard to get a charge of GATTP when your carrying the same thing as the LEO.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Banned
    gattp?

I like the m&p better, though I dont have one yet

Going Armed Terror to the Public

The argument is, that the offence of riding or going about armed with unusual and dangerous weapons, to the terror of the people
    http://www.guncite.com/court/state/25nc418.html

Its hard to prove your carrying an Unusual and dangerous wepon when your carrying close to the same model the local LEO is carryin

I had a M&P and A FS9 in the millitary I loved that M&P like a child
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Banned
    Gotcha. So its one of those catch all things where they claim to have majical mind reading powers that can let them see your "intent" beyond all reasonable doubt?. Wish I had that power.

I'd buy a Springfield XD, mine's a 45, just me sayin it
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    I've got an XD, great gun. The M&P is prettier though.