Thread: Senator Kedzie prefers Constitutional Carry

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Senator Kedzie prefers Constitutional Carry

I got this today.
    April 15, 2011

Thank you for contacting me to express your strong support of legislation to repeal the prohibition on carrying a firearm while concealed. I am supportive of this effort, but must clarify a few things on this matter.

First, this issue has not been forgotten nor ignored by the Legislature this session, but I do understand the anxiety that some feel other legislative matters have been given priority over this one. As the Majority party, our immediate priority this session was – and continues to be – any and all efforts to stabilize the economy and create jobs. That has manifested itself in several forms, including, but not limited to, the recently-enacted budget repair bill, the enactment of a number of economic development initiatives, and the proposed 2011-13 state budget. Each of those items – particularly the budget repair bill – has consumed a great deal of time for lawmakers in both Houses.

Second, and as you may know, there will more than likely be differing versions of concealed carry legislation coming from both Houses of the Legislature. Some will advocate for a complete repeal of the prohibition – commonly referred to as ‘constitutional carry’ – while others may offer conditions to carrying a firearm while concealed, such as a permits, training standards, and various prohibitions on where a firearm may be carried. My support will fall to the constitutional carry legislation when it is eventually introduced. But bear in mind, if that bill fails to garner the support needed to advance in the Senate, I will lend my support to whichever version can obtain the necessary 17 Senate votes in which to pass.

Finally, I am committed to seeing this effort through, but am not willing to sacrifice the good for the perfect. Wisconsin has an opportunity to become the 49th state to adopt some type of concealed carry legislation this year, and it would be unfortunate if we, as lawmakers, were to end this session with absolutely nothing to show in this regard. I can assure you, I understand the sentiment of “rights” versus “privileges” on this issue, which is why I am supporting the constitutional carry legislation. But again, if we do not have the necessary votes in the Senate for that legislation to carry the day, I cannot abandon my historical support for concealed carry legislation.

At this time, I ask for your patience and continued support, as I am confident legislation will soon be offered and hearings will be held in the very near future. Again, thank you for taking time to contact me on this matter of mutual concern; I do appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Neal Kedzie

State Senator

11th Senate District
    This is the 1st time I have heard him offer support for Constitutional Carry. In the past he has mentioned permits.

We are heading in the right direction.

Now that was a nice letter ! I wish my Assembly rep could write for than 2 sentences.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Very Cool! Glad to see you're getting a positive response. I think his email was very upfront and honest.

Nice letter ! Looks like he actually took the time to respond with something that was well though out instead of the usual canned response you get back, if you even GET a response.
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 04-16-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Very welcome news! Thanks Paul!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Good news Paul, thank you.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

This is GREAT news...

Now we have to keep up and intensify the push for Constitutional Carry over Concealed Carry because...

He came right out and said that if there is not enough backing for Constitutional Carry then he would vote for whatever bill HAD enough backing to pass, as in better to pass something than nothing...meaning Concealed with PERMITS.....

At the very least it is another confirmation that a bill will get introduced this year...

I for one am going to (continue) to reference Constitutional over Cencealed Carry in all my contacts to my representitives as well as other high ranking officials. I will also start referencing Neal Kedzie of the 11th Senate District's willingness to vote yes on a Constitutional Carry Bill

Thanks again for such usefull information....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Great letter. As far as I'm concerned, he has the perfect attitude. If the votes are there for constitutional carry, go for it. If they're not, then at the very least get a good shall-issue bill. Once some kind of CC is in place, and the sky doesn't fall, then we can move on to an AZ/AK type law.

Senator Kedzie has indeed written a very nice and well thought out letter. His support of Constitutional Carry is very welcome news.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Nice letter ! Looks like he actually took the time to respond with something that was well though out instead of the usual canned response you get back, if you even GET a response.
    I write and/or call him at least once a week. Usually one letter with just praise/support of other stuff he's working on with a one sentence 'repeal 941.23' and then usually another Constitutional Carry specific email offering articles or quotes about other states implementation of Constitutional Carry or issues I see if they don't fix the GFSZ, for example.