• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recomend me a gun?!?!?!

Should I get it?

• Yes, I'd recomend it (why?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dont get it (Why?)

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sc0tt

I picked her up today. The magazine is a pain in the ass to load. I could not get that last round in (I will probably buy a speed loader) I am looking to break her in next week as well as buy some ammo and a retention paddle holster.

I can understand the 10 lb trigger pull now that I have it. It has no external saftey so I like having that much pressure on the trigger to fire. This si the first firearm I have owned that does not have an external safety and is capable of firing with a mag removed.

bajadudes

you probably already know this

But it bears repeating.

The magazine is a pain in the ass to load. I could not get that last round in (I will probably buy a speed loader).

My 17 double stack 9mm Beretta is a bear also but once you get the hang of it it goes fast and easy.

I am a righty so modify accordingly if you are a lefty.

Grab the magazine with your left hand the way you would the grip of a pistol.
Seat the base of the magazine on a firm surface
With your right hand place the cartridge on the magazine with your right thumb on the cartridge.
Place your left thumb directly over the right thumb.
Push down with both thumbs while sliding back.

If you practice that it gets easy. I see folks at the range stumbling around trying to load and they just have the geometry and physics of the handling all wrong.

Smith45acp

I recently shot an XD45 for the first time and I just couldn't miss, quite frankly. I usually have a learning curve when I pick up something new but those things are SHOOTERS, and within your price range. Definitely became my new favorite for that type of action. I think a lot of it was the buttery trigger; longer than my 1911 of course, but very linear with no bumps.

Or you should just join the cool guy club like me and get a 1911.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Or you should just join the cool guy club like me and get a 1911.

Nope - newbies shouldn't carry 1911s, especially not ones with wear blemishes and/or in a holster with an aged patina. Makes them look entirely too knowledgeable and skilled - they should have to earn their bones first. :p...:lol:

Brion

I wanted the 1911 to be my second pistol after my XD45. but being a military aviator the standard issue when you go over the pond is the Beretta M9. Might have to go with the 92, unless I can find myself an M9. Better be good at shootin' that puppy if it's going to be my only source of defense before I can find a AK lying on the ground after punching out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I wanted the 1911 to be my second pistol after my XD45. but being a military aviator the standard issue when you go over the pond is the Beretta M9. Might have to go with the 92, unless I can find myself an M9. Better be good at shootin' that puppy if it's going to be my only source of defense before I can find a AK lying on the ground after punching out.

Apparently avail. here for $568 NIB - seems low, but they are saying close out price.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/23504