• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recomend me a gun?!?!?!

Should I get it?

• Yes, I'd recomend it (why?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dont get it (Why?)

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sc0tt

I was going to put down on a SW Sigma 9mm Full size Kit (Came with 2 mags + holder / holster / hard-case / speed loader) for around $600. The store had a 10 month layaway but I am planning to pay it off in 2-4 months. I have been reading online and not many people have anything good to say about these guns. I heard about jamming problems, Trigger problems, ect, ect.
So, Would you recommend this gun and at this price. If not What would you recommend.

I am looking for something:
PRICE: $300- $600(MAX)
Cal: 9 MM
Full or compact dosent matter but no pocket guns
Dependable
Not as heavy as the high point I carry now.

(Just so you know. Not a fan of Glock)

Last edited:

bajadudes

i love my gun

Beretta 90-two. I see them on sale for $550.00 w/ 2 17 round clips case and cleaning kit
Can't figure out how to paste a link on this new phone but Davidson's in Prescott AZ has em on sale for $550 with a lifetime warranty till the end of the month

Claytron

sultan62

Go to as many gun ranges and stores as you can, and handle as many guns as you can. For $500-600, you're gonna cut out some high end stuff, especially if you're looking to buy new. However, you've got a great deal to choose from, and if you're willing to buy used, you've got an even larger selection. Once you've found what you really like, look around for a good price.

rotorhead

I'll suggest the M&P. It's the Sigma on steroids- an improved version that added many features. Still under $600, too.

The Sigma was S&W entry into the composite pistol market years ago. The first versions sucked, frankly. They've improved somewhat since then but still are the "economy" version of their composite pistols. Basically it's their stripped down, cheap gun. The M&P lifted what was good about them, stole a few more ideas from other companies, included the manly rail for lights or lasers, and added the changeable backstraps which resulted in a far superior gun.

You can get them with or without manual safeties, and in pretty much whatever configuration you could think of.

Last edited:

cricketdad

I was going to put down on a SW Sigma 9mm Full size Kit (Came with 2 mags + holder / holster / hard-case / speed loader) for around $600. The store had a 10 month layaway but I am planning to pay it off in 2-4 months. I have been reading online and not many people have anything good to say about these guns. I heard about jamming problems, Trigger problems, ect, ect.
So, Would you recommend this gun and at this price. If not What would you recommend.

Dependable

Any 1911 mil spec pistol.

Blk97F150

Dependable

S&W SD9 Try Gallery of Guns.

Maverick9110e

Get what fits your hands best (if you can try it out) I personally shoot a Smith and Wesson M&P and FREAKING LOVE it. Fits great, shoots great, and i'm just a S&W fan to boot, lol. If you liked the sigma defintley at least go check out an M&P.

It seemed like you wanted some accesories as well. S&W has a "Carry and Range Kit" available that gives you a lot of nice extras in your price range.

Check them out here: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_764151_-1_757781_757781_image

Here is the 9mm one on that page: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...64151_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

But if you just want the gun, the going rate for a new M&P is around $460 give or take little. Try Buds gun shop, or if you want to wait until the end of the month there is a nice gun show at the state fair grounds in Raleigh where you can get your hands on A TON of different guns all at once and get some more ideas. But personally from what it seems like you want, i'd go for the M&P 9mm range and carry kit.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_39_71

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

DO NOT get that Sigma. I've heard nothing but bad things about them. I would try to find a good used Glock 19. You can probably get one for $400 (brand new is about $500), maybe a bit more. If you want a brand new gun, I bought my XD-9 online for about $425 with the transfer fee and everything. I've also heard REALLY good things about the Bersa 9mms. If you've never used gunbroker before, I would give it a try. It can save you a lot of money. One of my local gun shops wanted about 500 for an XD-9, so I saved about $75 buying online.

Seller I got my XD-9 from:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=225352484

This is the best advice I can offer you: go to a shop and hold a few guns. See what fits best in your hand. I went with the XD because the Glock grip angle is weird to me.

Last edited:

Sc0tt

S&W SD9 Try Gallery of Guns.

swpd91.jpg

I just put this babby on layaway. I will have it by the end of the week :D

Good recomendation. I spoke with the store rep for a good 30 mins and I was sold. Its same as the sigma with imporved trigger (10 lbs vs 13 on the sigma) improved rail system, ect ect

scouser

I used https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx to recently purchase a Springfield XDM Compact in 9mm. Including transfers and taxes I paid $619. It feels real nice in my hands and shoots real sweet and accurate with minimal recoil. I thought it would be harder to control with the short grip when using the 13 round magazine because my pinkie has nowhere to rest but I was wrong. Have absolutely no complaints with this firearm

jp49911

Add one more vote for the M&P. I love it. Accurate and durable. The range in GSO has one and one of the instructors there told me they didn't clean it for a year and didn't have any problems. I've put thousands of rounds through mine with not one jam.

I had a sigma and to say the trigger pull was HEAVY is a gross understatement. I'd stay away.

Blk97F150

swpd91.jpg

I just put this babby on layaway. I will have it by the end of the week :D

Good recomendation. I spoke with the store rep for a good 30 mins and I was sold. Its same as the sigma with imporved trigger (10 lbs vs 13 on the sigma) improved rail system, ect ect

Congrats. I really like mine. I have an M&P as well, and its nice too.... but for some reason the SD9 just feels better and shoots better for me. :D

the_hustleman

I have a sigma but upgrading to an m&p .45 in the near future but the trigger pull is exaggerated.

It's really not that hard, although it is a somewhat long and 2 stage pull.

Field striping is dead simple with no tools required and I got mine in february from buds for 289.00 it's gone up a bit to 343 since then, glad I bought early.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

Irish_Dave

+1 on the M&P, multiple sizes for the grips, not too pricey, and backed by a lifetime warranty, can't go wrong. I'll also agree that is way too much for a Sigma 9ve. I bought one for $425 about 2 years ago (it wasn't the disaster kit, but even after I bought a holster and a extra mag it was still a lot cheaper). Regarding the Sigma 9ve jamming, I put over 1,000 rounds through mine and the only stovepipe I had was when it was a baby, since then it's been smooth sailing.