Thread: SB 1094 Dead in Committee!

SB 1094 Dead in Committee!

http://www.courant.com/community/wes...,3107531.story

Let's be thankful.

Now let's vote out the individuals responsible for proposing it, and supporting it.
    Last edited by Tactical9mm; 04-16-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Excellent job everyone. The people who showed up and made noise really made a difference on this one, that is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical9mm View Post
    Now let's vote out the individuals responsible for proposing it
    Just wondering,
    Has anybody actually found the real person responsible fro this "Cluster F" of a bill?

Sen. Gary D. LeBeau, 3rd Dist. has his name on it as a COSPONSOR. His name was not on the bill even as we testified against it.
    The many hours I sepnt at the LOB that day gave me time to engage in many, hallway, conversations with members of the Judiciary Committee as well as many other elected officials.

Not a single one actually knew who was the actual person that initiated the bill. People that I consider friends up there all figured that Looney had something to do with it, yet not a one could find any actual proof.

If it is Looney, just remeber that New Haven Loves him and all the Dems that they elect.

Kudos to everyone involved in killing this bill... lets hope SB1094 is able to R.I.P.

Lenny,

I recently researched this in great detail and was not able to find any other names attached to the bill (just the one you mentioned). Even on the official CT.gov sites there was nothing attached to the bill.

This strikes me as extremely odd that something of this magnitude doesn't have a paper trail of sponsorship. Correct me if I wrong but isn't it "standard procedure" to have someone introduce a bill, and then sponsors need to sign on? There should be at least a few other names on this shameful list.

The "Judiciary Committee" seems to be the ones responsible for introducing it, but I can't find a definitive list of names for people in it, or ones directly responsible for introducing this bill.
    Last edited by Tactical9mm; 04-16-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical9mm View Post
    Lenny,

I recently researched this in great detail and was not able to find any other names attached to the bill (just the one you mentioned). Even on the official CT.gov sites there was nothing attached to the bill.

This strikes me as extremely odd that something of this magnitude doesn't have a paper trail of sponsorship. Correct me if I wrong but isn't it "standard procedure" to have someone introduce a bill, and then sponsors need to sign on? There should be at least a few other names on this shameful list.

The "Judiciary Committee" seems to be the ones responsible for introducing it, but I can't find a definitive list of names for people in it, or ones directly responsible for introducing this bill.
    Isn't it amazing!
    A bill that has the potential of doing so much damage to honest gun owners and NOBODY can find out WHO started it!
    Not even legislators that are on our side.

Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to hide themselves from us. Even Martin Looney who did testify that day on another bill, never mentioned 1094.
    Last edited by Lenny Benedetto; 04-16-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Thumbs down Sen. Gary D. LeBeau, 3rd Dist.

Hey Lenny! bringing up this NAME GARY D. LEBEAU. i e-mail him to oppose this bill 1094. he or someone in office e-mail me back. and wrote: sorry Mr.Alex Sanchez. i support this bill. so I know he not for gun owners best interest.
    Last edited by Alex.EastHartford.; 04-17-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Alex,

Isn't that the email you showed me where he didn't mention his constituents once, just 'I support this bill......"

Gotta love the fact that he is a REPRESENTATIVE...... and he forgot what the word meant.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Thumbs up

YES KIX! thats the one you hit it on the nail sir!

sponsor of 1094

I only saw LeBeau's name associated after it was raised from the Public Safety Committee. Who 'introduced' it to PS? It seems that the trail gets deleted electronically when bills get 'raised'. Perhaps the 'Way-Back Machine' has a snapshot, I'll check.

2A

1094 search

I think that it should be listed here: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/psdata/cbr/TBFRAMECBR3.HTM

The wayback machine, unfortunately had not taken any snapshots-in-time of:
    http://liveweb.web.archive.org/http:...BFRAMECBR3.HTM

I'll keep looking....

2A

current 1094 status

the only record I can find is here: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/juddata/cbr/TBFRAMECBR3.HTM

the Judiciary Committee 'Bill Record Book' 3rd section, (...ecBR3.htm...)
    and it says SENATOR LEBEAU, 3RD DIST.

Senate bills apparently are numbered 1-4,999
    House bills apparently get the next 5000 numbers (5,000 - 9,999)

Bill Record Books are kept in 'sections'
    Proposed Senate Bills 1
    Proposed House Bills 2
    (Senate) Raised & Committee 3
    (House) Raised & Committee 4
    Senate Resolutions 5
    House Resolutions 6
    Change of Reference Senate 7
    Change of Reference House 8
    from the Senate floor 9
    from the House floor 10
    Governor's bills and ECERTS 11

So the most likely place for a Raised bill originating in the Senate is section 3, and that's where I found it.
    I'm new to this so I'd appreciate any pointers from those more familiar.

The bottom line is that we need to take action to educate people as to why the 2nd amendment is important.

Let's count backwards. The second amendment is to assure that if and when the People need to, they can fight for what's right.
    The First amendment is so that if and when the People are disgruntled about what's not right, they can SAY something about it.
    The Zeroth Amendment may not need protecting, (freedom of thought) but it sure needs some exercising. Our duty is to get people thinking about where all this is leading! The rest will follow its course.

2A

This will also give you a graphical representation.

Funny, I recall seeing a cartoon that looked almost exactly like this! The process does bounce around quite a bit.

http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/poster.asp

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I heard back from my Rep a couple of days ago. He said that there is some talk of trying to put it in as an amendment.

Here's the danger. If it comes back as an amendment, it will probably be written as to only ban future sales.

Its pretty well accepted that the original bill was an over reach. My rep does not consider himself to be either pro or anti-gun. He was prepared to vote against the original bill because it had significant potential to turn normal non-politically aware citizens into felons. And also because it could represent forfeiture without compensation.

However, if the amendment were to just ban future sales, it would get MUCH more support.
    So we need to keep pushing. We need our reps to know that even that type of legislation is unacceptable since it only hurts law abiding citizens and will not affect criminals.

Don
    Last edited by dcmdon; 04-23-2011 at 08:21 AM.