• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Osage Beach/Lake Ozark/Eldon

Coach Ike

Anyone do much OC in Osage Beach, Eldon or Lake Ozark. I have talked to one LEO friend in Osage Beach and he says it is legal, but not very common. Just wanted to see if anyone had any positive/negative experiences in this area. I open carry in my vehicle to and from my farm all the time, but wanted some input on if it would be a bad idea to keep it on when going from the farm to places of businesses to pick up items while I am carrying.
thanks,

Last edited:

cash50

I've never seen it done down there.

If you're uncomfortable, just conceal it.

If you can't (legally) conceal it, carry it openly.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to carry your firearm.

lancers

I was curious about that area too. I am going down there quite a bit this summer and would like to know. I am 1 for 2 with OC going well though so I don't know if I want to play those odds.

Coach Ike

Yes, Lancers, I have been following your exploits and exploitations. I really hope you can get things settled. It is too bad how things work out sometimes when we don't really have any control over the actions of others. That is why I am trying to get some input on the local area. I really believe you were wronged in your situation and I can only go by what I have seen on here. I also know that I sometimes make things worse by saying things that I may have said differently if I had a chance to think things out, (speaking from experience here, lots of it). I hope we can all learn from what has unfortunately happened to you. I think you have given us the opportunity to think things out in foresight rather than hindsight.

good luck

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I was curious about that area too. I am going down there quite a bit this summer and would like to know. I am 1 for 2 with OC going well though so I don't know if I want to play those odds.

You might want to think long and hard about it. When you are still advertising yourself as a person whom likes to "antagonize cops" a firearm changes the game a lot.

I really do not want to read about you in the paper or hear about really serious charges filed against you etc.

You can do what ever you want, I ain't your daddy.

You have a bad reputation and more than one officer has made it clear that they will ignore the law when it comes to yourself and I really do not want to see that video.

MK

LOZ cops don't play, homie. ;)

Well there you have it. I guess nobody should OC around that area because those cops don't play. So don't even think about exercising any rights if someone, wearing some kind of uniform with some kind of authority decides they are going to stand up and tell you its by their rules and their rules only.

If you do happen to go down there, now being warned that these guys don't want to mess around with somebody who dares do something perfectly legal, don't expect some people around here to back you up should you be shook down, cuffed and thrown in a cell with some bogus D.C. charge or BS weapons violation that doesn't even exist because dem cops don't play dat game homboy. Afterall, its almost as if legally carrying a sidearm openly in public is just cop baiting and begging to get yourself put down on the ground, right?

On a different note without the sarcasm, I live a little more than a half an hour away and go down there infrequently to fish below Bagnell Dam. I've carried at Osage Beach Wal Mart and into several gas stations and around the dam and boat ramp. I've met Game Warden's on two occaisions that checked my fishing permit and neither made any mention of my sidearm. The only time anyone has queried me about it, it was another fisherman politely asking me if I was in L.E.. I'm a middle aged guy, dresses moderately and probably doesn't do anything to draw any attention to myself. I can't speak for others but I personally feel comfortable in that area and though my trips to that area are rather sparse, I have had no issues.

Coach Ike

Well there you have it. I guess nobody should OC around that area because those cops don't play. So don't even think about exercising any rights if someone, wearing some kind of uniform with some kind of authority decides they are going to stand up and tell you its by their rules and their rules only.

If you do happen to go down there, now being warned that these guys don't want to mess around with somebody who dares do something perfectly legal, don't expect some people around here to back you up should you be shook down, cuffed and thrown in a cell with some bogus D.C. charge or BS weapons violation that doesn't even exist because dem cops don't play dat game homboy. Afterall, its almost as if legally carrying a sidearm openly in public is just cop baiting and begging to get yourself put down on the ground, right?

On a different note without the sarcasm, I live a little more than a half an hour away and go down there infrequently to fish below Bagnell Dam. I've carried at Osage Beach Wal Mart and into several gas stations and around the dam and boat ramp. I've met Game Warden's on two occaisions that checked my fishing permit and neither made any mention of my sidearm. The only time anyone has queried me about it, it was another fisherman politely asking me if I was in L.E.. I'm a middle aged guy, dresses moderately and probably doesn't do anything to draw any attention to myself. I can't speak for others but I personally feel comfortable in that area and though my trips to that area are rather sparse, I have had no issues.

Thanks MK. That makes me feel better. I too am a middle aged guy that likes to fish below the dam occasionally.

Festus_Hagen

Damn, I never got bothered. :uhoh: