Thread: Senators & Reps Who Support Constitutional Carry?

Senators & Reps Who Support Constitutional Carry?

Where I live, my senator is Julie Lassa (D) and my representative is Amy Sue Vruwink (D). Interestingly, both voted to overturn Doyle's veto of concealed carry legislation though I doubt either would actually introduce or officially sponsor legislation for constitutional or concealed carry. The thought occurred to me that many of us may have senators or representatives who are not very knowledgeable on these issues but who may vote to support legislation they did not "officially" sponsor...if only because they understood the facts and related issues and knew how to better defend their votes to critics. Does anyone see a benefit to compiling a list of those senators and representatives who have a better grasp of constitutional carry and 2A issues and asking to have that posted as a sticky? Then when the rest of us write to our elected officials, we can ask them to speak with "Senator Jones" or "Representative Adams" to learn more about the fundamental issues and also learn how to better respond to their constituents questions and concerns.

If people think that effort has value I would be happy to monitor this thread, compile the names and addresses of the officials, and ask the mods to post it as a sticky.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    Where I live, my senator is Julie Lassa (D) and my representative is Amy Sue Vruwink (D). Interestingly, both voted to overturn Doyle's veto of concealed carry legislation though I doubt either would actually introduce or officially sponsor legislation for constitutional or concealed carry. The thought occurred to me that many of us may have senators or representatives who are not very knowledgeable on these issues but who may vote to support legislation they did not "officially" sponsor...if only because they understood the facts and related issues and knew how to better defend their votes to critics. Does anyone see a benefit to compiling a list of those senators and representatives who have a better grasp of constitutional carry and 2A issues and asking to have that posted as a sticky? Then when the rest of us write to our elected officials, we can ask them to speak with "Senator Jones" or "Representative Adams" to learn more about the fundamental issues and also learn how to better respond to their constituents questions and concerns.

If people think that effort has value I would be happy to monitor this thread, compile the names and addresses of the officials, and ask the mods to post it as a sticky.
    Amy Sue Vruwink ..is big time pro concealed carry even though she plays for the other team.

My Senator is.. Dave Hansen ( one of the 14 cowards that ran ) he supports concealed carry but only the most restrictive form ( Training, background checks & Permits )

My Assemblymen is .. John Klenke & I have no idea how he stands on Concealed carry..since his email to me was pretty Vague at best, I guess he supports concealed carry but to what factor ????
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Approximately 90% of the time politicians vote the party line. Rest assured there are a number of republicans that do not support private citizen's carrying firearms. However they will vote for it because it is a Republican initiative. That is why there is so much interest in achieving a political majority in the state legislature and for that matter the Congress. Politicians seldom vote their conscience or the wants of their constituents unless they happen to be in step with the party drum beat. It is the Republican co-authors of the upcoming carry bill that need the brunt of our convincing.

My opinion

Both my reps are supportive of it (Farrow and Zipperer).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Fred Clark - against private citizens carrying guns at any time.
    Luther Olsen - luke warm at best, he won't like it but will vote with the Republicans.

Got this email today from my Senator ( soon to be ex senator , I am moving out of his district in a week )

Dear Glock34

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your support for concealed carry in Wisconsin .

I have always supported legislation of this nature in the past and will continue to do so should it come up for a vote this legislative session.

For your reference, I have attached a copies of the 2003 and 2005 bill histories:

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2005/data/SB403hst.html

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2003/data/SB214hst.html

Thank you again for contacting me. Please donít hesitate to do so in the future.

Sincerely,

Robert L. Cowles
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???