• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senators & Reps Who Support Constitutional Carry?

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Where I live, my senator is Julie Lassa (D) and my representative is Amy Sue Vruwink (D). Interestingly, both voted to overturn Doyle's veto of concealed carry legislation though I doubt either would actually introduce or officially sponsor legislation for constitutional or concealed carry. The thought occurred to me that many of us may have senators or representatives who are not very knowledgeable on these issues but who may vote to support legislation they did not "officially" sponsor...if only because they understood the facts and related issues and knew how to better defend their votes to critics. Does anyone see a benefit to compiling a list of those senators and representatives who have a better grasp of constitutional carry and 2A issues and asking to have that posted as a sticky? Then when the rest of us write to our elected officials, we can ask them to speak with "Senator Jones" or "Representative Adams" to learn more about the fundamental issues and also learn how to better respond to their constituents questions and concerns.

If people think that effort has value I would be happy to monitor this thread, compile the names and addresses of the officials, and ask the mods to post it as a sticky.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Where I live, my senator is Julie Lassa (D) and my representative is Amy Sue Vruwink (D). Interestingly, both voted to overturn Doyle's veto of concealed carry legislation though I doubt either would actually introduce or officially sponsor legislation for constitutional or concealed carry. The thought occurred to me that many of us may have senators or representatives who are not very knowledgeable on these issues but who may vote to support legislation they did not "officially" sponsor...if only because they understood the facts and related issues and knew how to better defend their votes to critics. Does anyone see a benefit to compiling a list of those senators and representatives who have a better grasp of constitutional carry and 2A issues and asking to have that posted as a sticky? Then when the rest of us write to our elected officials, we can ask them to speak with "Senator Jones" or "Representative Adams" to learn more about the fundamental issues and also learn how to better respond to their constituents questions and concerns.

If people think that effort has value I would be happy to monitor this thread, compile the names and addresses of the officials, and ask the mods to post it as a sticky.

Amy Sue Vruwink ..is big time pro concealed carry even though she plays for the other team.

My Senator is.. Dave Hansen ( one of the 14 cowards that ran ) he supports concealed carry but only the most restrictive form ( Training, background checks & Permits )

My Assemblymen is .. John Klenke & I have no idea how he stands on Concealed carry..since his email to me was pretty Vague at best, I guess he supports concealed carry but to what factor ????

Captain Nemo

Approximately 90% of the time politicians vote the party line. Rest assured there are a number of republicans that do not support private citizen's carrying firearms. However they will vote for it because it is a Republican initiative. That is why there is so much interest in achieving a political majority in the state legislature and for that matter the Congress. Politicians seldom vote their conscience or the wants of their constituents unless they happen to be in step with the party drum beat. It is the Republican co-authors of the upcoming carry bill that need the brunt of our convincing.

My opinion

jrclen

Fred Clark - against private citizens carrying guns at any time.
Luther Olsen - luke warm at best, he won't like it but will vote with the Republicans.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Got this email today from my Senator ( soon to be ex senator :( , I am moving out of his district in a week )

Dear Glock34 :)

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your support for concealed carry in Wisconsin .

I have always supported legislation of this nature in the past and will continue to do so should it come up for a vote this legislative session.

For your reference, I have attached a copies of the 2003 and 2005 bill histories:

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2005/data/SB403hst.html

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2003/data/SB214hst.html

Thank you again for contacting me. Please don’t hesitate to do so in the future.

Sincerely,

Robert L. Cowles