Thread: Dumb, dumb, just dumb

Dumb, dumb, just dumb

What do we always harp on? Know the laws! Why? So you don't do this! After looking through a few reports it does appear that he was open carrying. Though no one is saying it for sure.

He was arrested after Alexander County 9-1-1 took a call from Stony Point Elementary School at approximately 3 p.m. yesterday regarding a man who had entered the school with a weapon at his side.

http://www.whky.com/news.asp?mode=de...rticleID=16628

The sheriff says a staff member saw a .45 caliber pistol in a holster on Chapman's hip.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Paren...119921974.html

Interesting how they charged him with violating the Federal GFSZ AND GAttTotP...

Hope he has a good lawyer, because from what little in in the story, he wasn't anywhere even CLOSE to meeting the requirements for a GAttTotP violation. This one should be an easy out, but the Felony GFSZ violation is pretty much a "keeper" no matter what...

Idiot... He should have read up on the law.

Not only will he lose his 2A rights, but he won't be able to vote, and he may very well lose custody of his child, even if he somehow manages to stay out of prison...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

If he gets a good enough lawyer he might be able to challenge the constitutionality of the gfz law. Given that he wasn't committing any other crime it might be a good case to challenge the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    If he gets a good enough lawyer he might be able to challenge the constitutionality of the gfz law. Given that he wasn't committing any other crime it might be a good case to challenge the law.
    Let's hope so. It's a shame that a guy simply talking with his child's teacher can suddenly become a felon just for "bearing arms" which is a Constitutionally guaranteed right.
    Last edited by Greg Bradburn; 04-16-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Anyone know how many "GF"SZ cases the feds have persecuted... er, prosecuted?
    Last number I read was 0.
    It's a threat, it's something to take off the table in a plea deal, but I've never heard of it being prosecuted, even when people have committed other crimes along the way.
    If someone can point me at fedgov info that says different, I'm perfectly willing to be enlightened.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Anyone know how many "GF"SZ cases the feds have persecuted... er, prosecuted?
    Last number I read was 0.
    It's a threat, it's something to take off the table in a plea deal, but I've never heard of it being prosecuted, even when people have committed other crimes along the way.
    If someone can point me at fedgov info that says different, I'm perfectly willing to be enlightened.
    Actually it's around 8-10...most have been appealed but still lost.

Most have been as add-on to other serious felony cases, or resulted from unrelated felony investigations. None that I'm aware of came about as a result of a traffic stop or other such simple non-violent/non drug related crime/investigation.

The first responding Officer arrived in less than four minutes
    less than 4 mins meaning somthing like 3 mins and 55 secs

Arnt all schools suppose to have recource officers now?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

This rocket scientist doesnt deserve the right to carry if he is unable to understand, and follow applicable laws. JMHO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tt View Post
    less than 4 mins meaning somthing like 3 mins and 55 secs

Arnt all schools suppose to have recource officers now?
    Around here most high schools and middle schools have them but not elementary schools. It depends almost totally on the budget. Sadly it is getting to the point that many of the high schools need a full SWAT team rather than just an SRO.

mattwestm
    Quote Originally Posted by PT111 View Post
    Around here most high schools and middle schools have them but not elementary schools. It depends almost totally on the budget. Sadly it is getting to the point that many of the high schools need a full SWAT team rather than just an SRO.
    It's bad enough that schools already need an officer. When my parents went to school, there was no officer and you would be perfectly fine taking your pocket knife to school. What happened in the last 20-30 years people?!?!?! My guess is the effect of technology on kids and a lack of parenting skills.

These land mine prohibited places might be considered malicious. Who thinks of this stuff? It's a gotcha for people with common-sense, who would never consider "What? I can't carry there? Why not? Who would even think about it?"
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

agree, how do you not about GFSZ (or as i call them "fish barrels). wish the report had given more details. like what was he there to do. most of the time you go to talk to the teacher during class time it's usually not a good thing. i do go and eat lunch with my granddaughter quite a bit. it is a pain in the but, to park outside the zone and walk to the cafeteria. of course with my empty holster. it has actually brought on some conversations

i was reading on another post about the zone. how far out is it ? is it a 1000' ?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

I'm not surprised. When little kids can be suspended for carrying nail clippers etc., this sort of reaction to an adult carrying a firearm is to be expected.

Of course, I still think it's shocking how morally and philosophically crippled the average sheeple has become. At some point they really need to figure out that "laws" and "rules" don't protect people.. People protect people.
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?