• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun buster liability

papa bear

He's wrong on the 1st and 2nd amendment points. If a company doesn't want anyone spewing political speech in their store, they can eject them same with arms.

wonder if that applied if you wore a button supporting a political issue such as "Guns saves Lives, or lets say, if "ABC store" says that only women can come into their store.

but i think he was mainly saying that they have to respect your civil rights. i think you would still have the right to the 4th amendment, but i do know of place that you are searched b4 you can enter. though these may be closed to public accommodations, say a private club.

the issue that i am trying to get to is letting people know, if you post your store you will be taking on the liability of anyone in there's saftey. that way some of the legal types will advise against it

good one Stainless1911, i liked the second comment i show there. i will look at some of the other vids. later

stainless1911

Banned
He's wrong on the 1st and 2nd amendment points. If a company doesn't want anyone spewing political speech in their store, they can eject them same with arms.

Honestly, I'm stuck between what eye said, and the fact that I want the 2A protected like race, speech, and the rest. You can't put a sign up (nor should you) that says "No Jews", "No Blacks", and so on.

Gunslinger

No, no, no. As Eye mentioned, we create larger troubles by asking government to solve our problems.

If we ask the government to solve something, we imply that the government has the power to solve it. Remember, anything the government gives, it can take away.

The last thing we need in this litigeous society is more fodder for the Tort Lawyers--spelled ambulance chaser.

eye95

Honestly, I'm stuck between what eye said, and the fact that I want the 2A protected like race, speech, and the rest. You can't put a sign up (nor should you) that says "No Jews", "No Blacks", and so on.

I think you should be able to put up such signs. They are vile and would keep me out too. But they should not be illegal. Liberty means the freedom to be a jerk.

papa bear

No, no, no. As Eye mentioned, we create larger troubles by asking government to solve our problems.

If we ask the government to solve something, we imply that the government has the power to solve it. Remember, anything the government gives, it can take away.

the point i was making in the original post is that store owners think, or have been advised, that putting up a gun buster sign will immune them to liability. probably because if you put up a no trespass sign will (in some areas ) immune them to liability in case a uninvited guest gets hurt on their property. when dealing with a "Public accommodation" everyone is an invited guest, hence the store owner is liable for the safety of everyone in the store.

not really inline with the original post, but what is the role of government?