Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Overkill? (no pun intended)

Open Carry Overkill? (no pun intended)

Ok..Just got back from the gun show. Got a nice new toy..a S&W M&P 15-22p. It's like an AR-15 with a 6" barrell and no stock. (google it)

HOW would one OC THAT?

and CC is out of the question.
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

you mean like this?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

heheh

YouI have to hand it to Virginia legislators; they all hardly missed a beat on Lobby Day when this fellow went into various offices to meet with them. I was with him part of the time. He was nattily dressed and his comportment was perfectly appropriate.
    Last edited by Dutch Uncle; 04-16-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    YouI have to hand it to Virginia legislators; they all hardly missed a beat on Lobby Day when this fellow went into various offices to meet with them. I was with him part of the time. He was nattily dressed and his comportment was perfectly appropriate.
    No it wasn't! It was over the top, inappropriate, and just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    This is a cartoon caricature of a "gun-nut". This guy couldn't do a better job if he was an anti.

Quote Originally Posted by vt800c View Post
    Ok..Just got back from the gun show. Got a nice new toy..a S&W M&P 15-22p. It's like an AR-15 with a 6" barrell and no stock. (google it)

HOW would one OC THAT?

and CC is out of the question.
    I wouldn't, I would conceal it if I carried it.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    This is a cartoon caricature of a "gun-nut". This guy couldn't do a better job if he was an anti.
    Oh, I bet if you OC'ed like that everyday, cops would get called lol.

UG, I ment to quote the picture...
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 04-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

So clearly you did not read Dutch Uncle's post or you have misinterpreted the word comportment because unless you were with him, you would have no grounds to disagree with what was said.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    So clearly you did not read Dutch Uncle's post or you have misinterpreted the word comportment because unless you were with him, you would have no grounds to disagree with what was said.
    Did someone say I was GROUCHY today

The gloves sort of put it over for me... But do what you want

I wouldn't, I would conceal it if I carried it.
    concealed carry does not work with this pistol, unfortunately...even with an oilskin duster.

I know my nose is rather large and my feet are the size of canoes, but i wouldnt say i was... "cartoonish"

Quote Originally Posted by conhntr View Post
    The gloves sort of put it over for me... But do what you want
    It was rather cold that day... and i left my portable heater at home. The plugs in the trees out by the bell tower are not 110v. Still running DC from the old days.

I was there all day and watched the kid. (Sorry Dejeeper, damn near everyone is a kid except Grapeshot).

He wasn't dressed in BDU's or goosestepping and didn't have a black T shirt and thick framed glasses or respond to everything with Military acronyms.

He had lunch with us and didn't attract any undue attention.

He was dressed well, spoke well, was reserved and mannerly.
    It wouldn't have been my first choice in carry guns but then neither would one of those silly little plastic things that many members seem to love.

Year before last we had a member that carried a pistol version of a double barrel shotgun. He did get a lot of attention including the Capitol Police looking for his papers (which of course he didn't need because it wasn't a SBS).

I'm not arrogant enough to dictate what someone else wants to carry as long as they conduct themselves in a civilized manner.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was there all day and watched the kid. (Sorry Dejeeper, damn near everyone is a kid except Grapeshot).
    I stand convicted as charged.

First you're a kid, then overnight an ol' goat.. What happened to the in between?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The "in between" is where I'm at, Grape.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I stand convicted as charged.

First you're a kid, then overnight an ol' goat.. What happened to the in between?
    Except some of us that are Old Goats, but forever childish.
    Just ask Notvacop

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Have been the butt of a few jokes, even made out to be the goat by a certain NoVa "Citizen."

Like my grandpa used to say, "At least they are sparing someone else today."

My reply is simply, Baaaaaaaah! No need to look horns.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I see no harm in what he did. How sheeple see it is the question.
    Last edited by All American Nightmare; 04-17-2011 at 11:54 PM.

I will say, the M&P 22 has one advantage... no buffer tube.

Concealed carry MIGHT be doable with it. One thing i noticed about my AR pistol... the mag prints and the buffer tube prints.

I COULD conceal it, but i think that would be too obvious, haha...so why try?

Experiment with different carry positions and slings. im sure you can find one that will work for you

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm not arrogant enough to dictate what someone else wants to carry as long as they conduct themselves in a civilized manner.
    Make no mistake about it. I am (arrogant enough).

If this type of pistol open-carry were to become the norm, count me out of any and all open-carry activities. I don't want to be seen or photographed with that kind of open-carrier. No loss I guess, even though I have been a member in good standing of the activist community. In the grand scheme of things no one probably cares what my opinion is or if I were to opt out of activities. I have no problems with AR-type pistols, just open carriers with AR-type pistols.

If this type of pistol open-carry were to become the norm, count me out of any and all open-carry activities. I don't want to be seen or photographed with that kind of open-carrier. No loss I guess, even though I have been a member in good standing of the activist community. In the grand scheme of things no one probably cares what my opinion is or if I were to opt out of activities. I have no problems with AR-type pistols, just open carriers with AR-type pistols.
    I agree. It's completely over the top. Legal, yes. Necessary, no.

If this type of pistol open-carry were to become the norm, count me out of any and all open-carry activities. Snip
    Well thats too bad. I think you will be missed, however im not to confident on that. You just might have been as arrogant to say that guns on your hips belongs in wildwest movie and not on the streets of Los angeles . To each their own. BTW he is well dressed. Good job
    Last edited by stuckinchico; 04-17-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Damn spelling gremilins

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckinchico View Post
    Well thats too bad. I think you will be missed, however im not to confident on that. You just might have been as arrogant to say that guns on your hips belongs in wildwest movie and not on the streets of Los angeles . To each their own. BTW he is well dressed. Good job
    +1 Carry what you like. As long as you're not unnecessarily harming someone what you carry is no more my business than what you eat or what god you pray to.

If this type of pistol open-carry were to become the norm, count me out of any and all open-carry activities. I don't want to be seen or photographed with that kind of open-carrier.

I'm sorry to hear that TD. But as we all know, gun owners are pretty independent people who don't necessarly get along. Hopefully we all vote as a block but even that doesn't always happen.

No loss I guess, even though I have been a member in good standing of the activist community. In the grand scheme of things no one probably cares what my opinion is or if I were to opt out of activities.

That's not true either but again, we all make our own decisions.

I have no problems with AR-type pistols, just open carriers with AR-type pistols.

We've said this before. OC is a PR event as well as practical carry.
    Asking that members not drink at dinners is different than dictating what kind of firearm they carry.

I've expressed extreme displeasure over Slung rifle events that were designed to attract as much negative attention as possible. Those were planned by outta staters and I didn't tell them to not carry rifles or exotic pistols. I simply told them to stay out of my state.

Not everyone agreed with me over that. Again...we can't please everyone.
    If we start saying no AK/AR pistols, what's next. No 44 Magnums, no Monogrips, limit one magazine per person.

Start pulling that BS and Saslaw and Marsh will be happy campers because there will be no Gun lobby, just a bunch of individuals walking around with CHP's.
    Last edited by peter nap; 04-17-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast