• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow - Sarah Palin in Madison today - what a speech!

jrclen

She always does a great job. I hope she continues firing up the conservatives and pointing out the turkeys. We need to throw Obama and Kohl out in 2012.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP We need to throw Obama...out in 2012.

This would be great, but I'm not convinced Palin really stands for limited government any more than other recent conservatives.

The Republicans and Democrats are really just two wings of the same party, the Government Party. Spend, spend, spend. Increase the size of government.

Unless they're willing to severely limit the Federal Reserve, get us out of two very expensive never-ending wars, and roll spending way back, and actually promote some sensible plans to do that, I'm afraid they're just pandering.

protias

Very good speech. I don't know why some think she's an idiot. She articulated herself (and America) very well.

By the way, anyone get their picture with her?

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Very good speech. I don't know why some think she's an idiot. She articulated herself (and America) very well.

Protias Sarah Palin is as real contender, The old guard on both sides of the bird Know this and will attempt to diminish her personally and professionally even if it means using no brain entertainment to do so.

All I will say is Sarah, YOU GO GIRL!!

anmut

I really liked the portion of her speech where she states ... violent rent-a-mobs trash your Capitol and vandalize business...

That's why I really like her - she spent 5 minutes damning the Old Republican Guard. That counts in my book. Anyone can trash liberals, it takes a real leader to stand up and say "hey our side has major issues too"

VW_Factor

Hey. I appreciate that she enjoys America and our rights..

Dummy, idiot, embarrassment.. Puke.. (Asked my wife for the words I'm looking for).

Shes not a smart woman. She is merely a good speaker. Kinda like Obama..

I know its not popular with the "rights" crowd to not like "her".. But really. I think she's a dingbat. Also, she has said some really stupid **** in the past.. I don't see how anyone could take her seriously for any reason.

Carry on with the normal I like what they said politics.. (she didn't write it)

anmut

Hey. I appreciate that she enjoys America and our rights..

Dummy, idiot, embarrassment.. Puke.. (Asked my wife for the words I'm looking for).

Shes not a smart woman. She is merely a good speaker. Kinda like Obama..

I know its not popular with the "rights" crowd to not like "her".. But really. I think she's a dingbat. Also, she has said some really stupid **** in the past.. I don't see how anyone could take her seriously for any reason.

Carry on with the normal I like what they said politics.. (she didn't write it)

That's the thing, if we want elected officials that aren't the "same ol same ol" then why should we expect them to memorize all the talking points that give us those warm fuzzy feelings? Speak from your heart and if you don't know the answer then you don't know it. That's how I roll, and I like that there is someone else out there on the main stage with the same thoughts.

HandyHamlet

Look beyond the same political parties that would have your guns registered and/or impounded in a moments notice. Sell you out to Corporations and Banks without hesitation. Hire mercenaries to occupy giant sand traps. Spy on you. Create Viper squads. Fuel an 80 year prohibition and war on US citizens. Deny your right to travel... Should I bring up the ATF?

Threaten to turn you into the cops for carrying at a rally.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Look beyond the same political parties that would have your guns registered and/or impounded in a moments notice. Sell you out to Corporations and Banks without hesitation. Hire mercenaries to occupy giant sand traps. Spy on you. Create Viper squads. Fuel an 80 year prohibition and war on US citizens. Deny your right to travel... Should I bring up the ATF?

Threaten to turn you into the cops for carrying at a rally.

I stupidly thought the Tea Party was just that. Another party. Turns out it's just a bunch of angry Republicans with a MILF fetish. The Tea Party isn't about change. It's about keeping the status quo. Otherwise why on earth endorse the same old same old?

Not an attack. Just an observation ( and whine ) of an outsider.

Last edited:

anmut

I stupidly thought the Tea Party was just that. Another party. Turns out it's just a bunch of angry Republicans with a MILF fetish. The Tea Party isn't about change. It's about keeping the status quo. Otherwise why on earth endorse the same old same old?

Not an attack. Just an observation ( and whine ) of an outsider.

I really don't think you understand people that consider themselves to be Tea Party. Trust, but verify.

HandyHamlet

Tell me about it. I keep asking what the Tea Party is but have yet to get an answer from any Tea Party member.

I thought it was a new Party that believed in the Constitution and less taxes.

What I see is a bunch of people endorsing a Republican who lost, quit, and knows nothing of the constitution.

oak1971

The Tea Party movement is supposed to be there to keep the politicians in check. It's not really a political party at all. More like a watch dog group.