• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County Sheriff's Office illegally identify concealed weapon permit holders

StogieC

Campaign Veteran

since9

Campaign Veteran
Despite the revelation of CC permits beyond local county sheriff's offices being expressly prohibited by the Colorado Revised Statutes, many sheriffs here in Colorado violate that statute on a routine basis by illegally sharing their CC databases with other sheriffs' offices and the state police. This has been reported in various Colorado news agencies, and I addressed it with the Colorado General Assembly this session.

Don't know if they took action or simply turned a blind eye.

OldCurlyWolf

Lawyers invented themselves. Before that, we may not have got along terribly well, but I think we did a better job, certainly a far cheaper one, than we do today.

Originally lawyers were "Law Keepers". They recited the law when a chief, Clan head, king, etc., had to make a decision based on their Tribal/Clan law.

They sure have devolved since then.:cuss: