• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many can a person CC/OC?

srandle704

After doing a little bit of research on the web I haven't found any definitive answers for NC. My question is how many firearms (handguns specifically) can you carry at once. Do the same rules apply if your in your car? And lastly, if with the permit can you carry one handgun concealed and one open? If anyone has any input on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Below I have attached a general thread I found when trying to find the answer, however its not state specific. One guy said that there is no law against carrying more than one weapon but I don't know how valid that is.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-315690.html

mekender

There is no number or type specified in NC law as to what you can carry with your Concealed Handgun Permit only that your permit does not cover anything other than handguns.

Nor are there any restrictions on what you can openly carry. You can, legally carry both rifles and pistols openly because there are no laws against it. And since there are no laws against it, there are no laws against how many you can carry.

Thus you can pretty much carry as many as you want so long as your method of carry does not get into the territory of brandishing or "a manner to cause terror to others"

srandle704

thanks mekender....does anyone here every cc/oc more than one or have any experience with carrying multiple firearms? I have a CC permit and was thinking about OC'ing one and CC'ing another smaller gun.

Smith45acp

If I had a snubbie and an ankle holster I would wear it as a B.U.G.

It's just not at the top of my list

Dreamer

I usually carry just one. On a few occasions, I have CCed a BUG (I have a CHP)...

As far as cars go, I have, on several occasions, had as many as 6 firearms in my vehicle (going to range days)--three handguns, two rifles and a shotgun. As long as the long guns are unloaded and locked in cases, and the handguns are all secure, there is no problem with quantity in NC.

And again, if you have a CHP, the handguns can be anywhere in the vehicle, and can be loaded if you wish. When O'm taking extras to the range though, I only load the one I'm carrying on my hip.

YMMV...

Sc0tt

I have seen somone (a member here who will remain nameless) He OC'd three guns (2 open and 1 CC) 3 blocks from the courthouse.

There is no law in NC that states how many guns you can carry at one time It is limited only but how big your waist is and how much your belt can hold.

Like they said above though you have to use cuaction if your carring to many they may constrew it as a terror to the public and you could get yourself a charge of GATTP.
However if you OC one and CC one its not a big deal at all.