Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I'm here, what happens now?

Question Ok, I'm here, what happens now?

New to site. Ain't much of a joiner to stuff, aside from wars and ****. What happens now?
    "It ain't how they bury ya, kid, It's how they remember ya..." - John Wayne

Banned
    I don't know. Why are you here? Do you OC? Are you an advocate of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Do you just like to talk guns? Are you an anti?

Share with us, and others will share back.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I don't know. Why are you here? Do you OC? Are you an advocate of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Do you just like to talk guns? Are you an anti?

Share with us, and others will share back.

Welcome.
    Of course anti's should expect to get flamed and wear asbestos/nomex for protection.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Question

<----Read Name.

Yes, I Open Carry. I don't know much about advocating. I keep pretty much to my own. What the hell is an anti?

And as far as why i'm here? I'm told it's the place to be as far as like minded folk goes. My daughter just give me this netbook, and I'm checking it out.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Redhawk View Post
    SNIP What happens now?
    You invite us all over for beer and some range time with your Rugers, of course.

Welcome to the forum!!

Actually, just read and enjoy. And learn. Feel free to pass along any wisdom you've aquired over the years.

And, be especially respectful of anybody with a 10K post count. Just accept what they say without question.

Founder's Club Member
    <----Read Name.

Yes, I Open Carry. I don't know much about advocating. I keep pretty much to my own. What the hell is an anti?
    Welcome to the club in not knowing much about advocating. Very few of us did, I imagine. One thing you could do, if you have a mind to, is connect with other groups in Texas and see if they need help come the next state legislature's session. If there is Texas open carry group, they might be glad for the extra hands.

An "anti" is an "anti-gunner". A gun-control supporter. Also known as a gun-grabber, gun-controller, hoplophobe (fear of guns), or dimwit.

well,,,

<----Read Name.

how much do you know about texas law?
    how long have you been open carrying in texas?

did you know that it is unlawful to open carry in texas?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

You a Ruger shooter?

Founder's Club Member
    You a Ruger shooter?
    My second gun was a Ruger Old Army in stainless steel. Had tons of fun with it. Probably shoulda bought stock in Speer for all the .451 lead balls I sent down range.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    And, be especially respectful of anybody with a 10K post count. Just accept what they say without question.
    Shut up.

:-p
    Last edited by ixtow; 04-17-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    New to site. Ain't much of a joiner to stuff, aside from wars and ****. What happens now?
    Would be interested in who you know in Lubbock. I have couple of friends down that way one of them an active LEO.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

"how much do you know about texas law?

did you know that it is unlawful to open carry in texas?"

So THAT'S what all the strange looks are about at the Sizzler.

Yea, I know. that's why I live up in CO now, Open Carry in Texas = I see dead people. Perry thinks he can start Texamerica down there without water. Irresponsible. Yeah, I now a lot about Texas Law, it's why I moved. So is "location" where you are right now, and not where you're from?

Been open carrying since I got out of the Academy, including a SAW and a TOW gun back when, but nowadays it's just the Redhawk. Boot size 13, and I dress left.

@Citizen: Been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in a little bit. Damn fine weapon. lotsa folks always talk about them being too clunky, but I meself like them better then them plastic autos they got now. Rugers feel real natural. People don't mess.

Where about in Colorado?

Lots of good people on OCDO from there - good bunch, pretty active too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

"Would be interested in who you know in Lubbock. I have couple of friends down that way one of them an active LEO. "

I know my Uncle Bill, who's about 87, and Jerry and Mike. Sorry to be a wiseass, but I'm a Gemini. I suppose by LEO, you mean a cop or a ranger or something? Do you guys interrogate every new poster like this, and roundabout imply calling the cops on them, or am I not getting you right? Who do you know? America's only got 300 million people in it...

Few minutes outside of Grand Junction, me and my oldest boy.

"Would be interested in who you know in Lubbock. I have couple of friends down that way one of them an active LEO. "

I know my Uncle Bill, who's about 87, and Jerry and Mike. Sorry to be a wiseass, but I'm a Gemini. I suppose by LEO, you mean a cop or a ranger or something? Do you guys interrogate every new poster like this, and roundabout imply calling the cops on them, or am I not getting you right? Who do you know? America's only got 300 million people in
    it...
    Nope not really, but the town rang a familiar bell being a major college area - football is a big thing there - and knowing a couple of people from earlier years that live in the area. Most people from out of state probably wouldn't recognize the town name.

One of my friends was All State Texas HS quarterback who in his 2nd or 3rd year in college had his leg broken ending a promising future in the game.

You jump to conclusion about reporting - what's that about?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-17-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: fixed

Just used to people being jumpy about guns, I reckon.

Few minutes outside of Grand Junction, me and my oldest boy.
    Here are a few of the OCers in your area. Maybe you all can stir up a meet 'n greet. A lot more info can be shared over a meal the can be done in a month of postings.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...on#post1459374

I think I get it. I said "Academy", and should have said "Citadel" Don't reckon I know your friend with the leg. I didn't go to normal school school, or college. Went to Grade school, then went to Academy, then to Grenada, for starters.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP @Citizen: Been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in a little bit. Damn fine weapon. lotsa folks always talk about them being too clunky, but I meself like them better then them plastic autos they got now. Rugers feel real natural. People don't mess.
    I had a buddy whose Blackhawk we used to shoot. Forty-four, I vaguely recall, but can't be sure. Lotsa a fun, though.

I've been thinking of maybe getting a GP100. I like the idea of double-action if I might carry it for self-defense.

I agree about tupperware. Plastic is for storing food. Gimme something solid for a gun.

(full disclosure: I'm not really all that opposed to plastic-framed guns. I understand Glocks are great. They just don't fit my hand, so I passed them over. And, I don't care much for the triggers on other plastic guns.)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Shut up.

:-p
    I saw that!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I agree about tupperware. Plastic is for storing food. Gimme something solid for a gun.

(full disclosure: I'm not really all that opposed to plastic-framed guns. I understand Glocks are great. They just don't fit my hand, so I passed them over. And, I don't care much for the triggers on other plastic guns.)
    Smith's M&P isn't a bad plastic gun either. I would rather have that over a glock and a glock over a ruger any day.... But thats just my opinion.

well,,,

"how much do you know about texas law?

did you know that it is unlawful to open carry in texas?"

So THAT'S what all the strange looks are about at the Sizzler.

Yea, I know. that's why I live up in CO now, Open Carry in Texas = I see dead people. Perry thinks he can start Texamerica down there without water. Irresponsible. Yeah, I now a lot about Texas Law, it's why I moved. So is "location" where you are right now, and not where you're from?

Been open carrying since I got out of the Academy, including a SAW and a TOW gun back when, but nowadays it's just the Redhawk. Boot size 13, and I dress left.

@Citizen: Been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in a little bit. Damn fine weapon. lotsa folks always talk about them being too clunky, but I meself like them better then them plastic autos they got now. Rugers feel real natural. People don't mess.

I know my Uncle Bill, who's about 87, and Jerry and Mike. Sorry to be a wiseass, but I'm a Gemini. I suppose by LEO, you mean a cop or a ranger or something? Do you guys interrogate every new poster like this, and roundabout imply calling the cops on them, or am I not getting you right? Who do you know? America's only got 300 million people in it...
    Just used to people being jumpy about guns, I reckon.
    lots to wonder and question about your posts and responses...
    its always reasonable to measure and gauge your tales based on your claimed Location...
    full disclosure would have cleared up any confusion about your situation.
    glad to hear you dress left, but , does that mean youre a liberal?
    and you have big feet, Wow,,, always try to keep that foot out of your mouth!

i was honestly concerned that you may ignorantly have been breaking the carry law
    of texas, and i wanted to warn you before it could bite you in the ass.

i am an old man, sitting in my easy chair. i really cant compete in a ******* contest,
    so i will defer to the younger and stronger, but i will try to give good counsel and advice.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Keep on wonderin then.

tales? claimed location? full disclosure? liberal? foot in my mouth? ignorantly?

Right neighborly of you. And here I haven't even looked at where you live or anything yet*. I'm getting old myself, but somewhere along the way, (Think it was push-up #258) I learned about being polite, and minding my own business. That's some solid counsel and advice. Why, what's your "situation"? Mine's being too old to drive tanks and go fight in wars anymore, so now I'm here talking to you on the internet.

by the way, open carry may be illegal in Texas, but it never was on my part of it. "LEOs" never had trouble with that, and it never came up. Lest there was a break in or something, and even then it was no trouble to handle that, cept for the druggie breaking in.

* Don't plan to. Gotta go to the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast