• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok, I'm here, what happens now?

eye95

I don't know. Why are you here? Do you OC? Are you an advocate of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Do you just like to talk guns? Are you an anti?

Share with us, and others will share back.

Welcome.

OldCurlyWolf

I don't know. Why are you here? Do you OC? Are you an advocate of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Do you just like to talk guns? Are you an anti?

Share with us, and others will share back.

Welcome.

Of course anti's should expect to get flamed and wear asbestos/nomex for protection.
:banana:

Super Redhawk

And as far as why i'm here? I'm told it's the place to be as far as like minded folk goes. My daughter just give me this netbook, and I'm checking it out.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP What happens now?

You invite us all over for beer and some range time with your Rugers, of course. :)

Welcome to the forum!!

Actually, just read and enjoy. And learn. Feel free to pass along any wisdom you've aquired over the years.

And, be especially respectful of anybody with a 10K post count. Just accept what they say without question. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
<----Read Name.

Yes, I Open Carry. I don't know much about advocating. I keep pretty much to my own. What the hell is an anti?

Welcome to the club in not knowing much about advocating. Very few of us did, I imagine. One thing you could do, if you have a mind to, is connect with other groups in Texas and see if they need help come the next state legislature's session. If there is Texas open carry group, they might be glad for the extra hands.

An "anti" is an "anti-gunner". A gun-control supporter. Also known as a gun-grabber, gun-controller, hoplophobe (fear of guns), or dimwit.

Super Redhawk

"how much do you know about texas law?
how long have you been open carrying in texas?

did you know that it is unlawful to open carry in texas?"

So THAT'S what all the strange looks are about at the Sizzler. :lol:

Yea, I know. that's why I live up in CO now, Open Carry in Texas = I see dead people. Perry thinks he can start Texamerica down there without water. Irresponsible. Yeah, I now a lot about Texas Law, it's why I moved. So is "location" where you are right now, and not where you're from?

Been open carrying since I got out of the Academy, including a SAW and a TOW gun back when, but nowadays it's just the Redhawk. Boot size 13, and I dress left.

@Citizen: Been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in a little bit. Damn fine weapon. lotsa folks always talk about them being too clunky, but I meself like them better then them plastic autos they got now. Rugers feel real natural. People don't mess.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Where about in Colorado?

Lots of good people on OCDO from there - good bunch, pretty active too.

Super Redhawk

"Would be interested in who you know in Lubbock. I have couple of friends down that way one of them an active LEO. "

I know my Uncle Bill, who's about 87, and Jerry and Mike. Sorry to be a wiseass, but I'm a Gemini. I suppose by LEO, you mean a cop or a ranger or something? Do you guys interrogate every new poster like this, and roundabout imply calling the cops on them, or am I not getting you right? Who do you know? America's only got 300 million people in it...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Would be interested in who you know in Lubbock. I have couple of friends down that way one of them an active LEO. "

I know my Uncle Bill, who's about 87, and Jerry and Mike. Sorry to be a wiseass, but I'm a Gemini. I suppose by LEO, you mean a cop or a ranger or something? Do you guys interrogate every new poster like this, and roundabout imply calling the cops on them, or am I not getting you right? Who do you know? America's only got 300 million people in
it...

Nope not really, but the town rang a familiar bell being a major college area - football is a big thing there - and knowing a couple of people from earlier years that live in the area. Most people from out of state probably wouldn't recognize the town name.

One of my friends was All State Texas HS quarterback who in his 2nd or 3rd year in college had his leg broken ending a promising future in the game.

You jump to conclusion about reporting - what's that about?

Last edited:

Super Redhawk

I think I get it. I said "Academy", and should have said "Citadel" Don't reckon I know your friend with the leg. I didn't go to normal school school, or college. Went to Grade school, then went to Academy, then to Grenada, for starters.