Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help plzz

Wink help plzz

im 20 and i want to oc in kentucky .Opencarry.org says you can oc at 18 in kentucky but when i talk to some cop and the sheriff thay did not know thay just side i think its 21 bc you have to be 21 to by a handgun . and if im not on here when i log off plzz email graywolf1969@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by graywolf1969 View Post
    im 20 and i want to oc in kentucky .Opencarry.org says you can oc at 18 in kentucky but when i talk to some cop and the sheriff thay did not know thay just side i think its 21 bc you have to be 21 to by a handgun . and if im not on here when i log off plzz email graywolf1969@gmail.com
    Yes, 18 is legal for OC only. CC is 21. Be prepared if LEO's hassle you.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

It doesn't matter what a cop THINKS. It matters what the law is, and the law is 100% clear. One may openly carry a handgun at 18.

Gray, I too am 20 and I have had two sheriff deputies tell me I couldn't OC but I have walked past a state trooper into a restaurant without so much as an odd look. But be prepared to be hassled by everyone who think that they know KY laws. I have been OCing for just over a month and have plenty of people tell me its illegal to do without a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Gray, I too am 20 and I have had two sheriff deputies tell me I couldn't OC but I have walked past a state trooper into a restaurant without so much as an odd look. But be prepared to be hassled by everyone who think that they know KY laws. I have been OCing for just over a month and have plenty of people tell me its illegal to do without a permit.
    Most all of the KSP troopers I've met are well aware of the OC law and therefore won't hassle lawful carry.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

thxs guys and girls for all your help

hey guys i just talk to a ccd

hey guys i just talk to a ccd he said i can not opencarry bc of some thing he give me this link hes a ******* lyer her guy look at this http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/CHAPTER.HTM

i dont get it needing help a gine

alright guy i just got done talking to a ccd and he side i could not open carry bc on my age im 20 ? but the ,, the kentucky constitution the seventh says the right to bear arms in a defense of themselvers and the state subject to the power of general assembly to enact laws to person from carrying concealed weapons .

he also give me this link and side this will tell me all i need and i dont see a dam thing ******* lyer here u go guys caRRYING http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00

/CHAPTER.HTM

hey guys dont read this one

hey guys dont read this one i put a better one up above it

here it is look it up on google KRS Chapter 527.00

It's fairly obvious given KRS 527.100 that you can open carry. Be comfortable with the law and carry in peace. If you're not confident that you're within the law, then it's probably best not to OC until you are.

OK I'l bite, what is a "ccd"?

nothing there is over ride your rights

there is nothing in those links that has changed except for the carrying in a car and where you can. don't know who you talked to but there total idiots.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by graywolf1969 View Post
    hey guys i just talk to a ccd he said i can not opencarry bc of some thing he give me this link hes a ******* lyer her guy look at this http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/CHAPTER.HTM
    Punctuation and periods are your friends.

Invite them out to play.

Dirty

As long as you are the age of 18 or older and you have no felonies then you can OC in legal places.

You've already asked this question, and had it answered here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...9370-help-plzz

Quote Originally Posted by MrOverlay View Post
    OK I'l bite, what is a "ccd"?
    I'll venture to guess that they mean a CCDW Instructor. But that makes no sense because any instructor that doesn't know the OC @ 18 is the law isn't a good instructor/
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by epilogue View Post
    You've already asked this question, and had it answered here:
    For some reason, I suspect that the written word isn't one of his strong points.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    For some reason, I suspect that the written word isn't one of his strong points.
    He has asked this same questions three different times. Its not enough that this whole website says that he only has to be 18, or that kentucky statues don't say you have to have an age to carry or that the only law requiring an age to carry is the US youth handgun safety act (and KRS with the same name) that says if you are below the age of 18 you have a lot of restrictions (but you can still carry).

No, cause his CCD (whatever this is I don't know.) told him he couldn't, and so did a backwood sheriff who would tell anyone anything to keep them from having a gun.

Gray shouldn't come to a website, ask for help, and then come back and tell us we're wrong without some sort of fact to back him up. This website, in my OPINION, is to educate gun owners of their rights, not what people THINK is right. I hope the founder/mods/members will back me up on that. Every time I ACT like I know the law I can at least show you what makes me think that way, and every opinion I have was formulated from 1st hand experience or from people I know in RL and trust.

And my post was more about him asking the same people the same question three times than not trusting us. If he feels that we are spreading misinformation he should know that the next time he asks the same question he will get close to the same answer.

And gray, my advice to you is to take everything anyone says (on the web or in RL) with a grain of salt. If you get arrested for carrying a piece the judge won't like the evidence of "Well 09jisaac over at opencarry.org said it was ok" Learn the laws from an official place, and if at all possible save them to use if you need them later.

And, with all do respect to you, and this isn't a personal attack but you do need to start typing with more intelligence. I am not the best, and have frequent mistakes but I try my best to type so everyone can make sense of it.

Im not saying you all are wrong

I know you all are right but what i am trying to say is all the cops in taylorsville ky say i can not oc bc im 20 and im not 21, And the sheriff said he don't no know he told me i think its 21 bc you have to be 21 to by a handgun i just want to put a pice of paper in there face and say heres the law and i can oc .

guy and girls im srry if i sounded like i was saying you all are wrong ok you all are not thats way i came to this webpag
    Last edited by graywolf1969; 04-20-2011 at 12:57 PM.

1) Grammar, punctuation and spelling go a long way to show a group of responsible gun carriers that you are too.
    2) Make then show you the law that says it is unlawful. In the USA what is not written into law as unlawful is by default lawful. You can take a copy of the entire KY code and make then show you what law you would be violating.

Why don't you call the county atty.? He will give you honest information. Never ask a cop for legal advise, they are not lawyers AND they are allowed by court precedent to LIE to you!

Ps. Take your time when posting, think about what you want to convey, review your post' and use spell check!
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

KRS 527.100 stipulates that it is illegal for a minor (under 18 years of age) to carry a handgun. It even goes on to mention all of the exemptions that actually ALLOW minors to carry a handgun.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/100.PDF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast