• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help plzz

09jisaac

Gray shouldn't come to a website, ask for help, and then come back and tell us we're wrong without some sort of fact to back him up. This website, in my OPINION, is to educate gun owners of their rights, not what people THINK is right. I hope the founder/mods/members will back me up on that. Every time I ACT like I know the law I can at least show you what makes me think that way, and every opinion I have was formulated from 1st hand experience or from people I know in RL and trust.

And my post was more about him asking the same people the same question three times than not trusting us. If he feels that we are spreading misinformation he should know that the next time he asks the same question he will get close to the same answer.

And gray, my advice to you is to take everything anyone says (on the web or in RL) with a grain of salt. If you get arrested for carrying a piece the judge won't like the evidence of "Well 09jisaac over at opencarry.org said it was ok" Learn the laws from an official place, and if at all possible save them to use if you need them later.

And, with all do respect to you, and this isn't a personal attack but you do need to start typing with more intelligence. I am not the best, and have frequent mistakes but I try my best to type so everyone can make sense of it.

graywolf1969

Im not saying you all are wrong

I know you all are right but what i am trying to say is all the cops in taylorsville ky say i can not oc bc im 20 and im not 21, And the sheriff said he don't no know he told me i think its 21 bc you have to be 21 to by a handgun i just want to put a pice of paper in there face and say heres the law and i can oc .

guy and girls im srry if i sounded like i was saying you all are wrong ok you all are not thats way i came to this webpag

Last edited:

Kingfish

1) Grammar, punctuation and spelling go a long way to show a group of responsible gun carriers that you are too.
2) Make then show you the law that says it is unlawful. In the USA what is not written into law as unlawful is by default lawful. You can take a copy of the entire KY code and make then show you what law you would be violating.

VW_Factor

1238749900592-570x418.jpg

Thos.Jefferson

Why don't you call the county atty.? He will give you honest information. Never ask a cop for legal advise, they are not lawyers AND they are allowed by court precedent to LIE to you!

Ps. Take your time when posting, think about what you want to convey, review your post' and use spell check!

neuroblades

KRS 527.100 stipulates that it is illegal for a minor (under 18 years of age) to carry a handgun. It even goes on to mention all of the exemptions that actually ALLOW minors to carry a handgun.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/100.PDF

I was going to post that myself then I realized who was asking. We're wasting our time, they've been told repeatedly and this same link has been posted as well I believe but they NEVER take it.

Last edited:

gravedigger

1) Grammar, punctuation and spelling go a long way to show a group of responsible gun carriers that you are too.
2) Make then show you the law that says it is unlawful. In the USA what is not written into law as unlawful is by default lawful. You can take a copy of the entire KY code and make then show you what law you would be violating.

I know it is just a 'm vs. n' typo, however, it illustrates how even the grammar checker isn't infallible!

Fallschirjmäger

If it's illegal and they witness illegal activity, then you'd be either arrested or given a citation.
Have either of these things happened?

What an officer says is illegal and what is actually illegal, sometimes has only a casual acquaintance with the truth.

Claytron

Grammar, punctuation and spelling have absolutely squat to do with responsibly carrying a firearm. I think you watched the wrong youtube video.

KYGlockster

Activist Member

Kingfish, not to be impolite, but perhaps you should practice what you preach. There is several anomalies in your post. There should be a comma after punctuation, and you spelled "them" as then twice.

Kingfish

Kingfish, not to be impolite, but perhaps you should practice what you preach. There is several anomalies in your post. There should be a comma after punctuation, and you spelled "them" as then twice.
I don't think you comprehend my point. The point is that when someone comes to a board asking questions on the carrying of firearms, it would behoove them to at least try to communicate like a grownup. When I see a post like that of the OP, most of the time I skip it.

I never said posts needed to be perfect but this is not a 12 year old's Myspace page.

09jisaac

I don't think you comprehend my point. The point is that when someone comes to a board asking questions on the carrying of firearms, it would behoove them to at least try to communicate like a grownup. When I see a post like that of the OP, most of the time I skip it.

I never said posts needed to be perfect but this is not a 12 year old's Myspace page.

I don't see how this is unreasonable. You can read all my post. I'm betting that none are perfect, but I do my best to be clear and correct. And that is ALL we're asking of gray.

bigdodge25

I have talked to a shepherdsville officer and he said that I can open carry at 19. Its perfectly legal.

09jisaac

I have talked to a shepherdsville officer and he said that I can open carry at 19. Its perfectly legal.

Damn right you can carry at 19, but you can at the age of 18 too... Kentucky is very clear about it:

No city, county or other local government may make a law concerning OC
KRS 527.100 is the only kentucky statute that gives an age. It says that it is illegal for a minor (less that 18) to carry, and then it gives clear exceptions about when a minor can carry.

And the only US act that I have found that has an age requirement is the youth handgun safety act (I don't have an URL, I only have it as a yellow pamphlet supplied with both my pistols. Google It.) which is, if I'm not mistaken, the exact same thing as KRS 527.100.http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/527-00/100.PDF

In kentucky (US?) you can purchase a handgun or handgun ammunition from persons to persons sales but not from a FFL holder at the age of 18. This means you can buy a handgun from the guy at your gun shop, but not from the gun shop.

Do not trust anything anyone, including me says, without proof. If you are sitting in front of a judge the excuses "A LEO said it was OK" or "09jisaac said it was legal" probably won't get you out of much. But when you say "Show me where this is illegal" with confidence that YOU know that YOU didn't break any laws, that is where you are mostly safe.