• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Teachers Credit Union

Thor80

I'll be going to the East Sprague branch this afternoon for my bi-monthly money move. Dont expect any issues as I've carried there before..

-Thor

David.Car

I would have expected a report by now, but I am pretty sure I know how it went.;)
Pretty much. As usual I walked in and yelled, "Nobody move!" and things progressed like normal.

It was the same old same old. No signs on the door. Talked to the ladies at the front desk. No mention. Walked around a little bit. Waited in line. Dealt with the lady at the counter. No mention. Walked out.

Normal every day encounter.

Thor80

I had no issues today either. Walked in with my son, went to the teller, took about 5-8 minutes to do my transaction and left. Nay a word said by anyone. :)

-Thor

amzbrady

One more GOOD example of why one should not ask!!!

+1000

What is there to get? If they don't want firearms on their property then they can damn well post a sign clearly visible on the doors! Other than that it's don't ask, don't tell. There is no more reason to call ahead and ask about their firearms policy than there is to ask if neckties are required or not.

The only ALMOST justifiable reason for calling and asking permission to exercise a legal behavior is IF someone was considering opening an account there or not. And for me, a visit to the building looking for signs would be the way to go and open carry while opening the account in person.

Do these people call ahead EVERYWHERE they go and ask for permission to carry a gun? Every 7-11 store, every gas station, every grocery store, every insurance office, every oil change garage, every tire store, every auto parts store, every hardware store? I guess you are right... I don't get it.

+1000

OK sorry to everyone for the long delay, I have been away for a while.

I understand about not asking, and normally I wouldn't, but in the case of a bank I'd rather not have alarms sounded and cops roll up just because some teller gets scared. I have OC'd quite a few places (not as much as most of you, since I have only owned a handgun for a couple of months now) without ever asking and without any problems.

I really didn't post this so you could debate about how smart I was for asking. I posted because I thought it was interesting that they equate carrying a firearm with attempting to conceal your identity, and I wanted to talk about that.

But if all you want to do is talk about me and how inexperienced I am, that's fine too. Totally constructive and not at all a waste of anyone's time (least of all yours).

too late...
:banana: