• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling through your state, questions

justherenow

I will be traveling through your fine state on my way to pick up my kids in West Memphis Arkansas and traveling with both an Ohio and pa permit.

I normally cc but sometime oc (glock 19) when legal and in the mood. I may stop at a gas station and or restrauant (normally something like cracker barrel or McDonald's) and of course rest stops. Am I able to oc on my Ohio permit? Am I able to carry into rest areas? Is this a must inform state? Anything else I may need to be aware of? I know once I cross into Arkansas its cc only.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Oh Shoot

I will be traveling through your fine state on my way to pick up my kids in West Memphis Arkansas and traveling with both an Ohio and pa permit.

I normally cc but sometime oc (glock 19) when legal and in the mood. I may stop at a gas station and or restrauant (normally something like cracker barrel or McDonald's) and of course rest stops. Am I able to oc on my Ohio permit? Am I able to carry into rest areas? Is this a must inform state? Anything else I may need to be aware of? I know once I cross into Arkansas its cc only. ..

TN recognizes ALL other states' permits.
Yes, you can open carry with permit here.
Rest areas, ok.
Not a must inform state, many if not most of us agree it's a good idea if stopped to the point of being asked for driver's license.

Any biz can post to prevent carry, supposed to have certain type verbiage or gun busters sign to be statute compliant, but many aren't and "non-compliant" signage has not been tested with court cases yet.

- OS

Overtaker

Oh Shoot covered everything well.

Don't carry into a building that is posted with verbage or the gunbuster.

Cracker Barrel is anti-OC and will make you leave.

justherenow

Thanks for the info guys. For the record my plan of action is to always inform, don't want a Leo thinking I'm hiding something. I only wondered on the inform part incase I forget (never have had to yet knock on wood) .

HvyMtl

One suggestion: If you do get pulled over, I recommend you hand your permit with your DL and proof of insurance. That way you don't say that magic word "gun" and someone responds incorrectly.

Please write Cracker Barrel and advise them they lost your $, due to their policy.

justherenow

Thanks. My Ohio permit is in the same pocket as my drivers license and would come out as one basically.

utbob2004

There aren't many of us open carriers here in Memphis, but I haven't had but one bad encounter openly carrying. Hope you have a great trip down!

justherenow

Thanks. Memphis had some scary areas I seen when I made a wrong turn, don't think I will be walking around much.

I do take the kids to Americas incredible pizza company since we do not have anything like that here, can't remember if its posted.