Thread: A quick 'Thanks' - Proactive Shooters

A quick 'Thanks' - Proactive Shooters

Just a quick 'Thanks' to Jim and Proactive Shooters. On Saturday I took my oldest son and one of my nephews to the Firearms Safety Course in Chantilly. Jim was well prepared and did a very good job presenting the material. The class was light hearted at times, yet serious when it needed to be. The documentation packet that was given to participants was very well laid out, and professional looking. Kudos. I have already reccomended Proactive to a couple other people.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Just a quick 'Thanks' to Jim and Proactive Shooters. On Saturday I took my oldest son and one of my nephews to the Firearms Safety Course in Chantilly. Jim was well prepared and did a very good job presenting the material. The class was light hearted at times, yet serious when it needed to be. The documentation packet that was given to participants was very well laid out, and professional looking. Kudos. I have already reccomended Proactive to a couple other people.
    Jim gives one of the better classes in Virginia.
    When I talk to people who are new to firearms and want to take a CHP class, I always recommend him.

I took the class when my wife wanted a CHP. I neither needed a class to get a CHP nor do I have any intention of getting a CHP...but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's very thorough and and as you noted, his printed material is top drawer.

Take all that and add a man that is a solid OC'er as well and you have something to be proud of. I don't know any other CHP instructors that can make that claim.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Thank you both for the compliments.....you are going to make me blush.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Thank you both for the compliments.....you are going to make me blush.
    There's a first time for everything.

Seriously though, your efforts are appreciated and people do speak highly of you.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Based upon his postings here, my intaraction with him in person and my wife's impression of his instruction I recommend the trip to Richmond to see ProShooter to anyone I meet that's looking for CHP or basic shooting training.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Jim gives one of the better classes in Virginia.
    When I talk to people who are new to firearms and want to take a CHP class, I always recommend him.

I took the class when my wife wanted a CHP. I neither needed a class to get a CHP nor do I have any intention of getting a CHP...but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's very thorough and and as you noted, his printed material is top drawer.

Take all that and add a man that is a solid OC'er as well and you have something to be proud of. I don't know any other CHP instructors that can make that claim.
    I've had my CHP for a while now, and have had a considerable amount of firearms experience even before then. I attended mainly to accompany my son and nephew (although safety reminders are always a good thing regardless of experience level!). My son has limited experience... this was a good refresher for him, and most of the material was completely new to my nephew. I have encouraged both young men to pursue further classes.... through Proactive if the scheduling works out that way for them.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    You guys are all too kind.....thank you.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/